Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
cool to run it like this?

I dont want the exhaust being so loud while driving all the time. will it cause too much backpressure or is it safe to run like this?

·
Registered
197 Posts
It should be safe, however certainly not optimal.

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
borla is 2.25"

i had it on my car and upgraded to a full 3" and got 20hp out of it

stock is 2.25" as well... the only difference is the mufflers really follows the exact same path as the stock does too.

i'd go with at least 2.5" like the ark single.. that's a nice one.

·
Banned
312 Posts
He's already got headers, and the main bottleneck in the stock exhaust system is where it splits at the back... smooth out those two areas and you have more than enough flow for most supercharged applications [until you get into higher numbers]

·
Banned
2,031 Posts
BLACKTIBBY317 said:
its a heck of a lot better than stock!....I have MBRP which is just like boral with no headers and it works fine!
I thought mbrp is about .25 inch bigger than borla?

Anyways its ok to run the stock exhaust up to 4 psi. Just keep in mind it is restricting and will cost you at least some top end power.

Idk where people are getting the idea that its not ok to run a borla with a s/c, isnt photoman running his setup on one?

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
like i said... i had the borla from the time i got the car pretty much until last year when i upgraded to a full 3" custom single... and i got about 20whp out of the upgrade. 2.25" is pretty constrictive with forced induction... i'm not saying you can't run it, i'm saying that you will get better results with a larger exhaust.

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
i don't think that 3" is too big for 250whp, but either way i think you would see more gains from at least a 2.5" over a 2.25"... not to mention scalability... if you go with an aftermarket 2.25" and want to run higher boost levels they you are going to either suffer because of a constrictive exhaust or have to shell out more cash for another.

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
I changed my borla midpipe to a 2.5" with no cat or resonator and added a magnaflow straight through muffler. It opened it up enough to drop 1psi and the drone is gone. The exhaust sounds amazing and I love it!

·
Banned
2,031 Posts
MrPhotoman said:
I changed my borla midpipe to a 2.5" with no cat or resonator and added a magnaflow straight through muffler. It opened it up enough to drop 1psi and the drone is gone. The exhaust sounds amazing and I love it!
yeah i remember seeing numerous of threads on that, glad to see you found a solution

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
PewpMaster said:
go dyno that **** now... can you feel any difference in the butt dyno?
Yes it feels a lot better actually (the power not my butt)

lostdestiny14 I never made multiple (if any) threads specifically about it that I recall. I did mention it a few times though, lol.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts