Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Really need help!

I already have an AEM CAI installed in my car, and already ordered ARK N2 (dual exhaust) for my 03 I4 Tibby. Now, I want to put a good set of headers but don't know which one. I've read about all the headers, exhaust and intake threads for days but still is dazed and confused.

My questions are:

1) What is the best headers to install on my car, without any modifications, just straight bolt on?
2) With the AEM CAI, Ark exhaust, and the headers, do I still need to install a good aftermarket cat and why?
3) I was looking at the CATCO cat on ebay for $50 shipped to HAWAII, does anyone has this setup already, and if so how was it???

Any help will be greatly appreciated....

·
Registered
149 Posts
Dude you need an aftermarket CAT cuz w/o one your exhaust will have that RICER buzz and you don't want that. I bought the magnaflow cat and get it tomorrow. from dependonauto itspart #53035. As well the 4-1 header works good on manual and the 4-2-1 header works good on automatic. I spoke to importshark.com and they said that this about the HOTSHOT HEADER
"Hotshot will prolly be gone soon, they discontinued all their products
for retail and they are now sell the remaining stock on their website
only. Some ppl have stated they have ordered from their website and
have
not received anything yet, one person has been waiting for 2 months.

Tom
www.importshark.com

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Mirador, did you order your headers at importshark.com? What about that OBX headers that they sell on ebay? Is it worth buying?

Thanks,

John

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
i have i4 automatic ,w/ custom cat back exhaust w/ high flow cat, and aem cai.. with 4 2 1 headers.. headers were last thing i installed and what a difference w/ lower rpms and sounds nice!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts