Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, everyone. This is my first post here and I'm hoping you all can help me out. I have an 05 Tib GT V6. I want to put a cold air intake on it (not a short ram). I'm being told by Injen that they do not make one for my car. Does anyone know why the RD1375 Injen cold air intakes that are made for 03-04 Tiburon V6s won't fit mine? Also, does anyone have any recommendations for a good, quality CAI that is easy to install and supported by a good, professional company? Any help you can provide would be appreciated. Either respond here or E-mail me directly at [email protected]. Thanks!

· Registered
3,240 Posts
Any intake made for 03-04 V6 will fit on 05, 06, and probably 07, though we're not sure about that yet. Most people who want a brand name will go with Injen, AEM, or Fujita. Everyone will tell you they love theirs, so I'm sure they're all good.

· Registered
2,103 Posts
^^ Same here.

Korean fellas don't buy Fujita cuz it's "weird" to install a Japanese product in a Korean car. :)

· Registered
1,731 Posts
yep and let us know if u get it or not. Then do a quick search because there are lots of little tips out there for the install

· Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the quick responses. Injen tells me that my car may run lean if I install the older 03-04 CAI on my 05. If I go with a Fujita, which doesn't have CARB exempt status, do you think I will have any problems passing emissions inspections?

· Registered
1,731 Posts
no ur ok. i have 05 with a cold air and no problems. all the modsi have and no tune and im having no issues running lean

· Banned
3,208 Posts
I've installed 5or 6 Injen CAI's on the new tibs without issues(I've got one on mine too"03") and no they dont cause them to run lean, The mass air reads the amount of air passing by it and sends the signal back to to the ECM, the ECM then uses that information to keep the fuel and air ratio correct to the motor. In other words"it dont mess nothin up":)

· Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What do you guys think of the newly developed Injen MR short ram intake for the 05-06 Tibs? This is what Injen is recommending I should install on my 05 GT V6. Let me know! Thanks!

· Registered
1,731 Posts
same as the other SRI, they all fit 03-06

· Banned
3,208 Posts
It's nice ..but, It's loud in the upper RPM's , not that that is a bad thing. And it semed to work a little better as far as top end power on my car (never dyno'd it with it before I rear ended a civic with it)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.