Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I bought one of those ebay intakes a week ago and finally installed it tonight in my car and used a spectre filter, well my car won't start now! I took it for a test drive while it was raining and hit a puddle, it made it the way home but was making tons of noises.

idk what to do, btw it's a short ram intake, also that plastic ring pipe peice with the wire attach to it, do I need that I seen som tibs with out it and having intakes and some with, mines an 2005 inline 4.

I have to be in for work at 3am so please help me now!

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Just cut that wired thingy outa there its not needed and is causing the problem.

·
Premium Member
5,304 Posts
idk what to do, btw it's a short ram intake, also that plastic ring pipe peice with the wire attach to it, do I need that I seen som tibs with out it and having intakes and some with, mines an 2005 inline 4.
:bsflag::bigeek3:

Are you SERIOUS? That "plastic ring pipe peice with the wire attach to it" is your MAF sensor. And YES, you need it. LOL, I guess you can add this to your "Confessions...." thread about the noob things you've done.

Don't feel too bad, though. zhox did the same thing with his car and he threw away the MAF sensor and drove around without it for more than a year. LOL

Put that piece back on and reconnect the wire.

·
Registered
754 Posts
wow even i knew to install that back into my intake

how are you gonna build your own custom turbo if you dont even know to put that back on your intake.. ugh

·
Banned
1,988 Posts
mehhh idk jw is pretty fcuking dumb im pretty sure this thread is a joke or a failed attempt to try and be funny

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
Okay so I bought one of those ebay intakes a week ago and finally installed it tonight in my car and used a spectre filter, well my car won't start now! I took it for a test drive while it was raining and hit a puddle, it made it the way home but was making tons of noises.

srry people pissed you off in the other thread, but enough is enough
Cheap parts FTW!!
haha

·
Registered
757 Posts
yea, a puddle wouldnt reach a sri. its probably casue its a cheap ebay intake and they make it out of plasitc so all the debris and plastic chunks from the inside got sucked into your engine. FULL OF WIN!

·
Registered
1,313 Posts

take notes from JD his thread are funny..........

1 - 16 of 16 Posts