Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 06 gt auto with not even 2,000 miles on it.. i did the "ghetto" inake mod.. i just slapped a filter on the end of the stock intake tube and reset my ECU.. well the sound was good but my car shifted out of first gear weird, it only happened from quick stops at a stop sign and it didnt so it all the time.. i didnt know what it was for about a month so i decided to put the stock intake box box back on and reset the ECU and i went for a drive and everything is fine now.. anyone know what the problem was? i wanna order the INJEN SRI but i dont wanna deal with this issue again....

·
Swim away fishes...
5,421 Posts
Sounds like you didn't give the TCM enough time after you reset everything the first time. But did so the second time. Next time, after you reset the car, drive normal for a day before you romp on the accelerator and see if that changes it.

Other things to consider:
-open element filters can foul the maf sensor and would have to be cleaned to correct it.
-don't let the maf bounce around if you have a filter directly off it without a support brackets to keep it still.

·
Banned
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
c-man said:
Sounds like you didn't give the TCM enough time after you reset everything the first time. But did so the second time. Next time, after you reset the car, drive normal for a day before you romp on the accelerator and see if that changes it.

Other things to consider:
-open element filters can foul the maf sensor and would have to be cleaned to correct it.
-don't let the maf bounce around if you have a filter directly off it without a support brackets to keep it still.
i thought it may have been that but i did give it enough time.. i also had the maf secured well.

·
Swim away fishes...
5,421 Posts
Well, I suggested that because I had a similar problem when I got on it after about 50-something miles. I had the sporatic hard shift from there on after. I reset it again and drove normally for 75 miles (an intentional overkill of miles needed for the tcm to learn) and it never happened again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts