Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

Intake spacer worth time and money?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've seen that plastic spacer or whatever, i was wondering if it was worth the money and time. when i had my ranger i install a similar product but i didn't notice any performance gain, but the ranger intake was plastic.
thanks, josh

·
Former CIO
10,258 Posts
yes 100% worth it and they are not plastic they are G11 phenolic which does not transfer heat. i have been rocking one for over a year and w/ my stage IIIs and it is one of my favorite mods.

so much so that i made and sell G11 phenolic throttle body spacers to keep the coolant heat off of your upper as well.

·
Banned
2,031 Posts
Yes and no really. Its one of those small mods that add up to make a difference. Keeps the manifold cool and all, however I would just save up for a bigger mod if it costs more than 50 bucks.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
i might get one after i go FI since heat makes a bigger difference then

·
Registered
228 Posts
if you are installing the ngm im or rrm im, just go ahead and put the spacer in while you are doing the mod. It much alotta sense to do so.

If you aren't really modded enough to have that much more heat than stock coming through your intake, don't even do this.

I seen the VQ engines kicking *** with spacers, just spacers increase their hp by good 30 or so.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
it depends.

If your sitting or traffic, or the engine idles for an extended period of time, the manifold still gets hot anyway.

While driving it keeps it damn cool.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
i dont think the spacer will go if u have stg4 or SC because of hood clearance... maybe im wrong. it certainly wouldnt fit with mine. I know u can with the stg3 though. My only thing about it not letting heat get to ur IM... Heat doesnt just disapear, it has to go somewhere, if its not going to ur IM its going to another part of ur engine

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
Yes they work, if you have a sc you can get the hondata spacer and it will clear the hood.

·
Banned
3,074 Posts
IMO the spacer is just not up to it's hype (had it ) no noticeable hp gains and no noticeable gas mileage gains,and I've got just about every mod available(minus the S/C) to the Tib including the NGM longblock,But I'm running N/A , so I could'nt tell ya if there would be a benefit running it with a S/C settup. I would imagine it would help a little to keep the heat lower for the S/C , but nothing miraclas, just an opinion (shrug):3_a_puh:

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
I just installed mine last night along with the Magstar wires that photoman posted about. I let ya know what I think about the spacer after a few days of running it.

·
Registered
939 Posts
For 50 bucks and 1/2 hour of your time, go for it.

Cool temps = good.

No, it won't have a second of your 1/4 mile time, but if you have the other basic mods done already, why not try the spacer?

·
Registered
464 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
it's thinner... made by a company called hondata- they usually do honda ECU tuning... if u ever see a RSX and it says I/H/E+K-pro, they're talking about a hondata tune.
they also make IM spacers, it's thinner and I would guess less effective (not sure), but still helps.

The purpose would be to clear the hood if you have a stg. 4 IM or supercharger.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Ok, so as of now the pole has more 'no' then 'yes' My question to everyone in the pole...how many of you who are rating it...actually have the spacer or have use one?

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
the thing about the polls now is that they appear on the main page with no explanation to the poll,

i voted on one poll that way myself without knowing it was related to a thread

·
Registered
514 Posts
the thing about the polls now is that they appear on the main page with no explanation to the poll,

i voted on one poll that way myself without knowing it was related to a thread
Yes, I have thought about the posting with no knowledge. But my question to you then would be, have you owned this product or at just posting from what you have herd? (not getting on anyone, but I bet half of the people up there have not owned the product and are giving tainted information about a product they know nothing about.) Its not limited to owning the product but even knowing someone who owns it etc.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
I have the Hondata spacer and there is a noticeable improvement. The phenolic spacer will not clear the hood if you have an SC.

·
Banned
3,074 Posts
Ok, so as of now the pole has more 'no' then 'yes' My question to everyone in the pole...how many of you who are rating it...actually have the spacer or have use one?
Like I stated before, I had it and found no noticble gain,nor did it seem to help in the lowering of intake temperature .The IAT temp voltage never indicated a moderate or even slight change in intake air temp drop or change in fuel trim where it would be the effected . that little of a gap the the spacer provides is not enough to produce a different fuel atomization into to the head to creat the feeling of any noticeable gain, IMO, the CAI is a better investment to bring in the cooler air and actually produce a gain.Living in Az I'm probably more prone to heat robbing concerns than most , so if there's no gain here then I could'nt see it anyplace else.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
I had the G11 phenolic spacer like Nextgen sells (not the hondata), and I noticed a big difference in overall intake manifold heat. I could touch the manifold right after driving without burning my hand, whereas now that I have a stage4 (and no spacer), its too hot to touch right away. Good mod for around $50.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts