Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got my intake spacer that I bought from a member here on NT and I put it on and I must say it works FANTASTIC. after an hour drive I can litteraly grab my intake manifold with my bear hand and it's Luke warm at best. I can feel a lil gain compared to when my car would normaly get hot. it was a well 50 bux spent(30 for spacer 20 for gasket)

·
Registered
197 Posts
I was pretty impressed when I bought one too.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Was it hard to do??

michaud_time said:
Well I got my intake spacer that I bought from a member here on NT and I put it on and I must say it works FANTASTIC. after an hour drive I can litteraly grab my intake manifold with my bear hand and it's Luke warm at best. I can feel a lil gain compared to when my car would normaly get hot. it was a well 50 bux spent(30 for spacer 20 for gasket)

·
Registered
188 Posts
overall purpose is to keep the air comming into your engine cool, which if you dont have this mod then after your engine gets hot you will be sucking in warmer air then when it first starts up, what this is supposed to do is basicly keep the air going into the engine cooler which in turn grants you more power

is this the spacer that goes between the TB and the IM? if so did you also have to purchase longer bolts for the TB? im looking at doing this mod as well

·
Banned
2,031 Posts
You will need longer bolts for this mod, you can get them from TC at Nextgen.

05iontib if your interested in one I just took mine off because I installed the stage 4, let me know if you want to make a deal. You'll need a new gasket (since you need 2) and possibly new bolts.

·
Former CIO
10,258 Posts
now, buy one of my G11 phenolic throttle body spacers and get complete seperation of the uppper from any heat source (i.e. throttle body coolant) and u will be lovin in even more.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It was very e-z to install it was just unbolting some bolts and thow it on with another gasket and use the longer bolts to bolt it in, you go for a ride for like 20 min and then tighten it some more and your good in the hood

1 - 9 of 9 Posts