Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just did the "ghetto intake" I put a filter on the end of the OEM tube and just put the shield back on top.. I know I wont get much but just noise out of this, but will it do any harm to the engine since its just "hot air" getting sucked into it?

Im gonna keep it like this untill I have the extra money for a good intake.

·
Registered
647 Posts
if you drive during a hot weather.. you'll notice a difference.. especially if you're the type to drive hard.. but under normal driving.. it'll be ok..

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
vacillator666 said:
You don't need to look for an intake specifically for a 06 Tiburon on eBay, any 03+ year will work on a 06 Tiburon.
Exactly. Just be aware that the only true SRI (with piping) is Injen's (and Fujita's when it comes out). AEM advertises one, but it's just an overpriced filter with a bracket to attach it to the MAF.

·
Banned
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
krnxwestsider said:
if you drive during a hot weather.. you'll notice a difference.. especially if you're the type to drive hard.. but under normal driving.. it'll be ok..
well summers over in NY so i think ill be ok untill i get a good intake.

·
Registered
162 Posts
It all depends on what you want to spend - I bought an Injen SRI on eBay from KurumaMotoring a couple of months ago for my 06 SE. Is the Injen SRI better than the eBay knock off's? Hell if I know, I bought Injen because of their reputation and I used to have one on my 1g DSM so I know their quality.

On the other hand, I bought a BOMZ racing SRI (on eBay of course for 35 USD shipped) for my Prelude and it fit/worked just as well as the Injen did on my Tiburon. When you think about it, they are probably all made in China anyway - lol.

·
Registered
357 Posts
You could maybe? but i got an ebay intake and i love it. Sounds sweet. I wouldnt pay $125 for like 1-4hp so yea ebay is good just make sure u get a company not a indivual selling intakes.

·
Banned
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
SDTibMan said:
I have the bomz/ebay cai and it works great!
like i said before... lol i dont want a CAI because i live in a area that floods easy.. if anything i want a SRI or a intake that only goes to the spot next to the battery.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts