Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my SSA exhaust on wednesday, i was so excited to open it and check it out. I opened the box and was amazed at the quality. I got the underaxle version, its the one that they have on the black carpet on SSA's website. I got home around 9 at night from class and decided that i wanted to put it on cuz i was busy for the 4 days and couldn't wait to hear it. I got the car up on jack stands and started taking off the old one. The only problem i had was that I didn't get the bolt for the 02 sensor by the resonator so i went over to advanced auto parts before I started and got a 5/8 inch oil drain plug that fit perfectly. 2 hours, and one broken ratchet later i was done. I turned the car on and was amazed at the sound, it was sweet, its not too loud but it is definitley noticeable. I went out for a drive and noticed a little gain in HP and just loved the overall sound of the car. I was definitely pleased with the entire system, the quality looks great, the fitment was dead on, its not rubbing anywhere, it sounds awesome and the price is sweet. Anyone considering this exhaust should jump all over it, i have nothing against any of the other ones but i think paying 6 to 7 hundred bux is a little crazy, especially for a college kid like me. Here is a sound clip and some pics, i'll get some pics of it on the car soon.

Click for soundclip
click here for pics

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
05iontib said:
I got my SSA exhaust on wednesday, i was so excited to open it and check it out. I opened the box and was amazed at the quality. I got the underaxle version, its the one that they have on the black carpet on SSA's website. I got home around 9 at night from class and decided that i wanted to put it on cuz i was busy for the 4 days and couldn't wait to hear it. I got the car up on jack stands and started taking off the old one. The only problem i had was that I didn't get the bolt for the 02 sensor by the resonator so i went over to advanced auto parts before I started and got a 5/8 inch oil drain plug that fit perfectly. 2 hours, and one broken ratchet later i was done. I turned the car on and was amazed at the sound, it was sweet, its not too loud but it is definitley noticeable. I went out for a drive and noticed a little gain in HP and just loved the overall sound of the car. I was definitely pleased with the entire system, the quality looks great, the fitment was dead on, its not rubbing anywhere, it sounds awesome and the price is sweet. Anyone considering this exhaust should jump all over it, i have nothing against any of the other ones but i think paying 6 to 7 hundred bux is a little crazy, especially for a college kid like me. Here is a sound clip and some pics, i'll get some pics of it on the car soon.

Click for soundclip
click here for pics
Where did you order the exhaust?

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Streetshark2003 said:
I'm considering it now...I like the price :3_chubby: . How does it sound like at cruising speeds(i.e. street, highway)? Does it drone at all?
its pretty good while driving. From 3500rpm up its pretty quiet, my intake is louder. i haven't really gone any far distances yet but i'll definitley let u know how it is after i do. ill try and get my brother to take a vid while im driving but it will only be 30 seconds but that will give u a good idea.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
05iontib said:
its pretty good while driving. From 3500rpm up its pretty quiet, my intake is louder. i haven't really gone any far distances yet but i'll definitley let u know how it is after i do.
Ok, Thanks bro...I will more than likely get this exhaust :)
EDIT::::it came with silencers right?

·
Registered
4,846 Posts
streetshark, if you come to the meet on nov. 7, u can hear mine. its very nice. love the gurgle, cant get over it. its exactly as i described it. its not too loud but it is enough to let ppl know u got one.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
so ur's didnt come with the plug either for the hole near the resonator? My friends didnt either and has had a time fiding one or contacting SSA. Not sure if he has it fixed or not now

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Ok, I'm stuck right now...should I get this exhaust first or should I go for a Stage 4 IM first? I found one for $630 shipped. Any opinions?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts