Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

Interest. 2004 tiburon gt 6spd.

558 views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  GET 1T DONE 
#1 ·
Hello everyone. i have an interest in said vehicle. it has 44000 miles on it and was wondering if theres anything i should look out for thats particular to the tibby. any quirks. thank you all and i look forward to owning a tibby.

#10 ·
I have an '04 6spd. Headlights may be losing some of the clearcoat (not a big deal... they're just not as pretty when you look closely) and things like the windshield wipers may be peeling. Also see how the alignment is... a lot of people complain about pulling to the right (though there's nothing you can do about it really except rotate the tires and hope it compensates).

It's a good car, just not fast.

#12 ·
GET 1T DONE said:
I have an '04 6spd. Headlights may be losing some of the clearcoat (not a big deal... they're just not as pretty when you look closely) and things like the windshield wipers may be peeling. Also see how the alignment is... a lot of people complain about pulling to the right (though there's nothing you can do about it really except rotate the tires and hope it compensates).

It's a good car, just not fast.
every car in the US is going to pull a little to the right..... its science....

i forgot about the crappy queercoat on the headlights...

#13 ·
Clutch, paint, pulling to the right, and the headlights are pretty much the only things that are a nuisance.

#14 ·
I have an 04 GT 6-speed with 37,000 original owner miles. I have had exactly no problems with it, even paint. But it is garaged day and night and I keep it clean and waxed. It is maintained by the best dealership I've ever seen, Alexandria (VA) Hyundai. It is mildly modded (CAI, suspension, etc). I don't race but I'm an aggressive road driver. So far, no clutch problems. My only complaint is that it dents if you look at it hard. I've even got acorn dents in the hood!

I paid $17,800 for it new, 4K off list, and I wouldn't sell it for 11K. So if there are no problems with the one you're looking at, buy it. You will love it.

#16 ·
myslow1 said:
every car in the US is going to pull a little to the right..... its science....
Exactly how is that "science"?

Test drive some other cars, and then tell me whether they pull to the right as much as an '04 6spd Tib. And just to be clear, I'm not talking torque steer... rather coasting down a flat road.

And I mentioned experiment w/different tire rotations because I found a setup that worked (w/whatever radial biases that were developed such that now my car hardly pulls to the right... thank goodness!)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.