Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Swim away fishes...
5,421 Posts
Its copied from a Scoot design w/out the front vent, hence the creative scoote name and made by GTP, which is generally known for lower prices and poor service/fitment. Ha.

·
Registered
191 Posts
FWIW I think it kinda looks cool but I would want to see a pic of it on a car before buying.

·
Premium Member
2,113 Posts
It just LOOKS cheap IMO... and the curved vents definitely don't flow with the straight lines of the Tib.

I'd pass...

·
Lighting and Accessories
10,430 Posts
bagpiper said:

I would've put one of the scootes on my 01 tib, but not the 03. Although the 3 vents on each side look like big gills.
lol yep- the first thing I thought of was the batmobile with its color and vents.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
It looks like a factory hood with a lots of fiberglass on it, which means heavy as he!!. It also looks to be done poorly, in the pics the hood looks all wavy, which means to get a good look, you are going to have to spend a pretty penny having it finished out! I would pass on it!

·
Registered
309 Posts
I don't think it looks bad at all. Everyone is making carbon fiber hoods, no one except this company is making fiberglass hoods that I know of. I personnaly hate carbon fiber, I think it looks like crap with the weave all over. At least with fiberglass you can paint it to match the rest of the car, and you can repair it a hell of a lot cheaper than CF and you can still use the factory gas struts on this hood which you can't on CF.

·
...Be Envied
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I don't think it looks bad at all. Everyone is making carbon fiber hoods, no one except this company is making fiberglass hoods that I know of. I personnaly hate carbon fiber, I think it looks like crap with the weave all over. At least with fiberglass you can paint it to match the rest of the car, and you can repair it a hell of a lot cheaper than CF and you can still use the factory gas struts on this hood which you can't on CF.

Well actually, as far as I'm aware, Carbon FIber hoods are stronger than FIberglass hoods. So the gas strut wouldn't necessarily be safer with that hood. You can also paint Carbon Fiber.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Carbon Fiber is lighter than fiberglass. From what i have been told, the stock struts cant be used on CF hoods because they are for the stock weight hood and they crack the carbon fiber. you would have to go find struts that have less pressure in them at Autozone or someplace for the CF hood from what I have been told.. Might even have to do that with this one too as fiberglass is still lighter than stock.

·
Premium Member
5,501 Posts
Man, you don't check any NT.com sponsors' websites, do you? There are FOUR different fiberglass hoods available here!
http://www.importshark.com/store/hoods.html

And a few other notes...
1) That Ebay hood is crap, so you could use hood struts on it
2) You can paint carbon fiber the same as painting fiberglass or an OEM hood
3) You can use hood struts on SOME carbon fiber hoods and fiberglass hoods. (Not all of 'em)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts