Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was thinkin bout getting some interior lighting for my car..

any suggestions on what type of stuff to get or know where i can get stuff?

maybe some color suggestions?

·
Registered
346 Posts
I got 12" neons made by Redline. I picked those up from Best Buy way back when. But you can get them at like Pepboys or Autozone. But if you want a project wire up your own LEDs. I just wanted to be done with it thats why I went with the neons. Also I just went with red because I didnt see the color change DIY, and now Im just too lazy.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok... i think im going to go with some 12 inch LED tubes... i dont mind wiring them up or anything...

·
Registered
375 Posts
go to www.oznium.com and get cold cathodes, cheaper and much better light

·
Registered
364 Posts

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
interior neons set the mood i think i have 10 interior neons, take off ur door panel and split the wires from the door light to another led and when u open ur door you get more lights looks great at night.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
thanks for the info people... ill probably still look around for everything.. and about wiring them... what should i hook the ground wires up to? because i know where to get the power from and such..

one of the reasons i was going to go with leds was because of how long they last.. and they dont really give off much heat

·
Registered
572 Posts
I used red Hyper LEDs, mounted them under the dash and inserted them into the door pockets. I purchased another Fog light switch and tied them into that switch. I turn them on at night. They look great and I agee LEDs last longer, no heat and easy to install. Good Luck

·
Banned
609 Posts
Where did you install that other fog light switch right next to the original fog light switch?

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
check out www.varad.com This car only has ONE LED on each side.....the install only took me about 15 mins.

The kit retails for $79.95 but I sell if for $55.95

s/h would be about $7 in the US. Blue, Red, Green, White, Orange......

I have more pictures, just not online...

·
Registered
123 Posts
I got a four peice led kit off ebay. Looks great, was cheap, and has the nice effects of strobe/color change/bass beat.

·
Registered
572 Posts
I just added red Vent Haloz to my center dash and one to the center cupholder. With the other red LED lighting I've done, door pockets and under the dash, it looks awesome. I decided not to change the stock gauge lights. With a rally red Tib, the red accent lights set it off really well.

·
Banned
609 Posts
I would like to add some red led's to my car, i just wouldnt want them on all the time.Sometimes i like it dark, so i would maybe have to buy another fog light switch and run it threw there so i could turn them off and on....

·
Registered
572 Posts
I would like to add some red led's to my car, i just wouldnt want them on all the time.Sometimes i like it dark, so i would maybe have to buy another fog light switch and run it threw there so i could turn them off and on....
I purchased an additional fog light switch and installed in the blank spot next to the existing fog light switch. So I can turn them on when I want to and it looks stock. I changed the color of the light on the switch from green to red and have all my LEDs tapped into this switch.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts