Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I usually clean it with whatever armor all stuff my dad uses...but it leaves it feeling all like, greasy and wet, anyone have any stuff that doesnt do that?

·
Registered
719 Posts
wow you make alot of threads
And this does not help the OP ^...

I stay away from the Armor all stuff because I've read that many times the material you wipe it with can dry out and crack over time.

I personally just use a little bit of water and some elbow grease. In the future I do plan on using a good leather care product (seats are only 1 year old). Read up in the car care section and see what other people have done.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Try the Meguiars products. Their spray for plastics does not leave that greasy feeling on them and their leather conditioner is really good. A lot of people use the leather wipes instead of the conditioner though.

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
Try the Meguiars products. Their spray for plastics does not leave that greasy feeling on them and their leather conditioner is really good. A lot of people use the leather wipes instead of the conditioner though.
+1. that pray is really misty and cleans the interior like what. also, i've actually used scotch guard on my cloth seats that have worked really well. if you're looking for a good wash, the meguiar car wash shampoo and condition does wonders!

·
and his new kimchi coupe
6,247 Posts
Lexol for the leather seats, Vinylex for any other plastic, vinyl, and rubber.

You'll spend close to $25 for the two spray bottles, but they're the best. They can be tough to find...but dealerships usually have them.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Agreed, I love their stuff. Also, if you use the Quick Interior Detailer you can use it on the plastics, leather, radio/hvac controls etc--basically everything inside.

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
I just cleaned my interior, pulled the seats out to get in there real good. I use Meguiars leather wipes for my seats, been using them for 6 years and my seats are still in good shape coming up on 90k miles. For the plastic, the only thing I have is a pep boys spray, but I don't apply a lot to the plastic. I spray it on a rag lightly and wipe the plastic with the rag. I've only been using it for a short time, so no idea if it will eventually dry the plastic.

It took me about 2 hours and I didn't do the dash.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Agreed, I love their stuff. Also, if you use the Quick Interior Detailer you can use it on the plastics, leather, radio/hvac controls etc--basically everything inside.
For light dust and general cleaning this is what I use. Heavier stuff get's their APC+ diluted 10:1.

If you want a protectant for it, try 303 Aerospace Protectant. Works on all your trim and stuff as well.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
1Z Einszett Cockpit Premium Interior Cleaner.
Lol great stuff, but not many people are probably going to bother getting it from the web. Plus I think Autopia did a comparison of it vs Meg's QID and they got similar performance.

I've always wanted to try some though, I've got their Gummi Pfledge Stick and love it.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Turtle Wax F21 works great for me on the interior plastics

i even use it on the engine bay hoses and they still look shiny after a month

·
Registered
7,474 Posts
200 Grit sand paper and mickys malt liqour...

nah jk , i use the armor all stuff but i just got done like an hour ago and yes it does leave it super greasy =(

oh well looks nice for me right now

1 - 20 of 21 Posts