Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2006 Hyundai Tiburon GT
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With a lot of quirks itself my '06 GT(by vin#) is a little strange breed. 2.0 4cyl and automatic. I got it in 2018 as a grad present for my daughter. She didn't want it. Pretty much sat in the driveway since. I thought it had tranny problems but it turned out to be wheel bearings, which I didn't even look at until this June, like 4 years of pretty much just around the block a couple times a year because it wasn't licensed either...lost title...longer story but
I've owned a lot of cars in my time(68years) I had a 66 Olds 442 as a teen, a Challenger after that and then a long list of cars which I loved but I did not like them like this little abandoned Tib. And I've done a few small special things that have improved gas mileage, look, feel, comfort level, and most importantly dependability.
I appreciate the help I've already gotten from members of this forum with my struggle to get actual working OEM fobs.

· Registered
2006 Hyundai Tiburon GT
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Need to add: I know the Tibs have issues, cheap plastic parts melting and cracking but I'm learning how to plastic weld and then there's leather/fabric facades for looks. So onward to the electrics.

· Premium Member
2006 Hyundai Tiburon SE
1,374 Posts
Send me your VIN in a private message and I can tell you a lot more about your car. It's highly highly unusual to have a 2.0 swapped 2.7 chassis. The amount of parts it requires is far more than engine, harness, trans and ECU so it's rarely ever done. If you are relying on what your insurance classifies it as, then they're wrong. I know that my SE is classified by my insurance as a GT. Why I have no idea.

· Premium Member
2006 Hyundai Tiburon SE
1,374 Posts
The OP sent me his VIN and I looked up the info. It came back with the following showing it is a 2.0 chassis. The engine code is also a good indicator as to whether it is original to your chassis or if it's been swapped.

Major Attributes:
Body Type: C 2 DR COUPE
Grade: D MIDDLE GRADE
Engine Capacity: S 2000 CC
Fuel Type: 6 MPI-DOHC
Transmission: B 4 SPEED AT 2WD

Drive Type: L LEFT HAND DRIVE
Weather Type:
Colour Details:
Exterior Colour: TW
  Up: TW NEW SILVER
  Down: TW NEW SILVER