Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finished installing my pioneer 6800 a few days ago. I bought it from crutch so I got a free ipod adapter, a CD-IB100ii. I didn't install the ipod adapter cause I didnt have eneough time to mess around with it. Can you tap the power from the radio wire harness to run the ipod adapter or do you need to get a fuse tap and such?

Thanks

~Jeff

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
usually the adapter plugs in to the back of the headunit... heh

·
Registered
267 Posts
masson said:
So I finished installing my pioneer 6800 a few days ago. I bought it from crutch so I got a free ipod adapter, a CD-IB100ii. I didn't install the ipod adapter cause I didnt have eneough time to mess around with it. Can you tap the power from the radio wire harness to run the ipod adapter or do you need to get a fuse tap and such?

Thanks

~Jeff

I have the same one, you dont need a fuse tap, just tap it to the battery wire, so it keeps the ipod charged

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mtdewguy said:
I have the same one, you dont need a fuse tap, just tap it to the battery wire, so it keeps the ipod charged

K thanks , I soldered it to the wire harness of the radio and it appears to work. It was a pain in the *** to get the dock port into the glove box, and find a place to tape the adapter to. But if everthing continues to work it will be worth it..

·
Registered
267 Posts
masson said:
K thanks , I soldered it to the wire harness of the radio and it appears to work. It was a pain in the *** to get the dock port into the glove box, and find a place to tape the adapter to. But if everthing continues to work it will be worth it..
nice, i never got a dockin port so i just ran my white cord under the center console to the cup holder, i like how you can drive around all day listening to it and not worrying about recharging it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts