Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas

i just got an ipod for xmas and want to integrate it with my headunit but i'm not sure what wud be the best way!!!

i have an alpine cde-9841 headunit (i know its crap)

and from what i understand/remember during the the install of headunit and subs it didn't have an aux input. It has power-supply connection, front/rear rca connections and thats it.

Now i know i can always go with fm transmittor or sumthing along those lines but from what i heard it is $hitty quality.

What other way can i hook up the ipod to the car?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i had a feelin u'd say that..lol...

does any use this option with subs??????

i liked to get ur opioons on this method

·
Registered
530 Posts
VoKaL said:
Hey fellas

i just got an ipod for xmas and want to integrate it with my headunit but i'm not sure what wud be the best way!!!

i have an alpine cde-9841 headunit (i know its crap)

and from what i understand/remember during the the install of headunit and subs it didn't have an aux input. It has power-supply connection, front/rear rca connections and thats it.

Now i know i can always go with fm transmittor or sumthing along those lines but from what i heard it is $hitty quality.

What other way can i hook up the ipod to the car?

If you upgrade to a better Alpine head unit you can control your ipod directly from the head unit.. for fairly cheap too. Here's just one of them (I believe this is the one I have, don't have the model number on me):

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-C12KUamyiPa/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=300&I=500CDA9856

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My Mate Has One Of These Fm Transmittor And He Doesn't Complain About The Quality, So Im Gonna Stick It In My Car And See How It Works....otherwise Ill Keep On Burning Cds, Realli Don't Wanna Spend Money On New Headunit...

·
Registered
563 Posts
I had bought a 3 in 1 fm transmittor for my gf and I tried it in my car this weekend taking a trip to Montreal and it actually sounded pretty good...I was really surprised. She already at an iTrip which sound like total garbage but the 3 in 1 I got her sounds 10 times better...plus I got it off ebay

but for me, I'm still waiting for my cable to arrive for my head unit which should be coming in this week sometime

·
Registered
563 Posts
VoKaL said:
^do U Have Subs? How Did It Sound With Those?
what brand/make was the fm transmittor u used on ur trip?
here's the auction profile
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=012&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=220063153277&rd=1&rd=1

I have 2 phoenix gold subs with a clarion amp with Panasonic head unit and it sound pretty good...i was seriously surprised. Here little iTrip that just plugs on to the iPod seriously sucked goats nutz and she wanted and dock that would charger her ipod as the little iTrip sucks alot of power, thus the battery dies faster.

although i did have to put the volume really high but there was barelly any static

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
I got the wife a Nano for X-mas, and we have a Monster Cable FM transmitter for the I-Pod (got it from Wal-Mart online for around $50). It has great sound and I believe 8 or 10 stations you can go through with a push of a button on the cable, to get the best sound. I have an Alpine I-Pod intergration unit to go into my car, when I get off my dead @$$ and put it in!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Now This May Be A Long Shot, But My Headunit Has 2 Rca Inputs....is There Any Type Of Cable Availble Where I Can Make Those 2rca Inputs Into 4 Additional Inputs???

I Figured If I Cud Then I Cud Use 2 Rca's For The Amp/subs And The Other 2 Rcas For My Ipod...

Im Trying To Make My Ipod Look Stealth Like With No Wires Showing..lol...

·
Registered
563 Posts
actually i have a "headphone" to "RCA" splitter...it came with my computer speakers...i can plug them into my output on my TV.

check out Circuit city or Compusa, i'm sure they have something like that

·
Registered
31 Posts
kartunez said:
I got the wife a Nano for X-mas, and we have a Monster Cable FM transmitter for the I-Pod (got it from Wal-Mart online for around $50). It has great sound and I believe 8 or 10 stations you can go through with a push of a button on the cable, to get the best sound. I have an Alpine I-Pod intergration unit to go into my car, when I get off my dead @$$ and put it in!
Have the same one, works great as far as FM transmitters go. The pre-programing of channels makes it a snap to change freq if you need to as well. I love mine although do realize it's better to have a direct connect solution.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
VoKaL said:
Now This May Be A Long Shot, But My Headunit Has 2 Rca Inputs....is There Any Type Of Cable Availble Where I Can Make Those 2rca Inputs Into 4 Additional Inputs???

I Figured If I Cud Then I Cud Use 2 Rca's For The Amp/subs And The Other 2 Rcas For My Ipod...

Im Trying To Make My Ipod Look Stealth Like With No Wires Showing..lol...
Go to Radio Shack and get a "stereo" phono plug male to dual RCA male Y-cable. Then plug that into your input, not output, RCA's and plug the other end into your I-Pod! I guess that would work, but not for sure!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts