Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the subwoofer in question: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000UTMDOC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_1e.8FbNFFRQM5?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Also planning on bundling it with a 1100 Amp and 8 guage wire. Is that good?

I do not have the infinity audio in my car. It's factory stock. Just want to know if this is possible or if there's things I need to buy in order to do so. Gonna swap all my speakers, but starting with the sub. Thank you for any and all help and input. And if possible, link me to a guide on how. Or explain it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
This is not a Bass, but a cheap loud rattle can.
You might need some hints and tips from HiFi Pros in your area.
Also vibration damping is a thing to keep in mind. (U dont want to hear only rattling and vibrating when the bass kicks in).
The buzzword u looking for is alubutyl,
Regarding the bass/ other hifi components: the cheaper it gets and the more funky it looks, the higher the possibility that its just cheap junk.
Else you just need a right dimensioned fuse for the size of the cable, a well dimensioned cable for the amp, and a remote cable coming from your radio to on/off your amp.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Uhm I dont know them, those are not used in germany.
I really recommend u to go to a professional for consultation what u buy - if you feel confident installing it yourself thats no problem.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
I'm pretty sure the stock head unit doesn't have any pre-amp output, so you'll likely want to upgrade that too. Dual is a pretty low-end brand, you could probably get a couple of 10s from Kicker or Kenwood or a more reliable brand that would perform better. And with 1100 watts you're going to want at least 4 gauge wire. 8 will be too small. I'm using 8 gauge for a 200W amp and a single 10" sub.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm pretty sure the stock head unit doesn't have any pre-amp output, so you'll likely want to upgrade that too. Dual is a pretty low-end brand, you could probably get a couple of 10s from Kicker or Kenwood or a more reliable brand that would perform better. And with 1100 watts you're going to want at least 4 gauge wire. 8 will be too small. I'm using 8 gauge for a 200W amp and a single 10" sub.

How about this? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08376J9VW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_Hvg9FbJHRZNMX?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1#

1 - 6 of 6 Posts