Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 04 Tib GT auto. I always wanted a stick Tib. After my sister hit my Tib, my dad said we could trade it in for an 06 SE with the 6 speed. All we found were the orange ones. Ive tried to buy other cars since and I always draw the short straw. Last night I figured what the hell, and I searched Tiburon on autotrader. I found a new 2006 SE and it is black. Invoice is $19,400. My uncle use to own a dealership and knows all the rebates and how to talk the dealer down. Do you think Ill get a Hyundai Loyalty rebate on top of the $1000 cash back? Is it worth it to go through 2 more years of paynments? Can I get a deal since it will be 2007 when I want to buy it? No one can tell my car was in a collision and it doesnt come up on the carfax through the VIN, we had it taken care of through a friend. Mine runs like brand new with 22,000 miles. What do you guys think I can get on a trade, $12,000? My friends dad got $13,000 trade on his 03 F-150 with 60k miles on an 07 Tahoe. I just put new tires on mine too. I would LOVE a stick shift Tib in black. Its what I wanted from the beginning. Let me know what youre opinions are.

Thanks in advanvce for any advice,
Dan

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
I think you should do what makes you happy...

I wouldn't trade in a restored salvage vehicle without letting the dealership know about it... thats not fair to them, and really not fair who ends up with it... and I am pretty sure it is illegal to do so...

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it was the hood and front bumper that got screwed up. so I put a new hood and re painted the front bumper and removed almost all the scratches on the car, plus some damage done from eggs halloween 05. I had a mechanic look at the motor and all that and he said no damage done. My dad will be taking care of the trade in, so thats his doing on telling the dealer.

·
Registered
6,325 Posts
I have 06 SE and I love it. Just set some money aside if your clutch goes out

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have about $825 on the side I was going to use for mods. Actually I was going to order an Injen SRI and a DC Exhaust today, but I found a black SE yesterday and I wanna jump on it, but is it worth 2 years of payments again? and can I get a deal on it? I dont wanna pay when I can just keep mine. Stick and that interior are my main factors.

·
Registered
898 Posts
The main thing is losing money on trade in. Most of the time tib owners lose money on trade in. Are you paid off? If not, are you willing to put even more money down on a down payment?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
DarkSouledSRT said:
The main thing is losing money on trade in. Most of the time tib owners lose money on trade in. Are you paid off? If not, are you willing to put even more money down on a down payment?
I have 5 months of payments left. Maybe Ill just get a used one instead. There is a silver one with 1,300 miles for $15,900 2006 SE. I could just sell mine and get the cash for it by private owner and then buy anything I want. I could go buy a MKIV Supra if I want and just do the financing at the dealer, but I want a Tib. Im too attatched to my Tib and want another Tib if I get rid of mine.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The 07 is ugly IMHO. 05-06 is perfection. The interior is gorgeous. All that the FL needs is lowering and some rims as far as looks goes. They killed the 07 by changing the front and removing the gills. but the interior dash and center is sexy.

·
Registered
571 Posts
What kind of payments do you have that you're paying it off in 2 year? Or how much are you putting down?

Wish I could afford to pay mine off within 2 years....

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Danin Re' said:
What kind of payments do you have that you're paying it off in 2 year? Or how much are you putting down?

Wish I could afford to pay mine off within 2 years....
I pay 333 a month for 3 years and Im almost done. I got the car for $15,400 tax included then add financing, plates, etc. it came close to $17,000. What do you think I can get on a trade for mine? 04 moonlit blue GT auto with 22k miles in trade for an 06 silver SE 6 speed with 1300 miled (used). Im aiming for 12-12,5

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Tuscani911 said:
it was the hood and front bumper that got screwed up. so I put a new hood and re painted the front bumper and removed almost all the scratches on the car, plus some damage done from eggs halloween 05. I had a mechanic look at the motor and all that and he said no damage done. My dad will be taking care of the trade in, so thats his doing on telling the dealer.
Yeah, that's cool, I wouldn't worry much about that. Especially if the hood is new and the nothing majorly wrong with the vehicle. What they don't know, won't hurt them, eh!? : )

What a freaking douchebag, no wonder the world is so messed up! I'll never buy a used car ever again. This is the worst day of my life, ever! : )

·
Registered
571 Posts
festering said:
Yeah, that's cool, I wouldn't worry much about that. Especially if the hood is new and the nothing majorly wrong with the vehicle. What they don't know, won't hurt them, eh!? : )
Bwahahahaha... I won't quote everything so as not to ruin it for everyone.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Tuscani911 said:
I pay 333 a month for 3 years and Im almost done. I got the car for $15,400 tax included then add financing, plates, etc. it came close to $17,000. What do you think I can get on a trade for mine? 04 moonlit blue GT auto with 22k miles in trade for an 06 silver SE 6 speed with 1300 miled (used). Im aiming for 12-12,5
You might get that, but i wouldn't count on it... whatever kelly blue book says, the dealer usually goes lower.

Are there any mods? That might actually lower the value for trade in.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Truthfully don't trade in. They will rob you and not give you full value of your car. Trust me I had to go through that sh!t when I traded my tib for the srt4 and the thing is, it was at the same dealership i bought my tib at and they lowballed me, which is one of the reasons i call dealerships, stealerships

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I guess you guys are right about trading it. I just wish I had a 5 or 6 speed. Its so frustrating being the only auto guy :3_frusty: I guess Ill just order the exhaust and intake and make my car all motor for now.

·
Registered
639 Posts
well if u really want the stick, do that. or u can wait until ur car is paid off and buy then.. but i dont no, if i was u, i would do it. because you live once and when u have chance to do something u want and u dont do it? then chance might never come back! but thats me and thats why i got my sti when i had a chance and dont regret it at all.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts