Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52314

After reading this long post, I am now wondering if there is anyone here who doesn't have paint issues with your Tib? I'm buying a new car, and for a while I kept going back and forth between whether I should buy a Civic or Tiburon. I finally decided on the Tib because I like it more than the Civic. But after hearing and reading about so many of you having so many paint issues (and your cars aren't even that old!), I am now beginning to reconsider my decision. Especially because Hyundai doesn't seem to give two craps about this issue when it is presented to them!

Is anyone here from the York, PA area and dealt with the local Hyundai dealer? If so, how are they?

Does anyone here actually still have a nice paint job? :3_confuse I'd really hate to spend $20k on a brand new car, only to have to deal with a crappy paint job a year or two later.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Ive had no problems with my 04.. Except for on one of the doorhandles (on the outside of the car) a small piece of paint as fallen of, its visible when you are close and then looks like a small bug.. And for all I know that can be from a parking "accident".

Shouldnt they have fixed the paint problem (that some obviously have) with the 06/07 models?

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
I have never had any problems with paint and mine is an 03.. GET THE TIB

·
Registered
843 Posts
Around where the spoiler mounts to the trunk the paint is starting to chip, other than that its fine.

·
AKA TidalWaveTiburon
768 Posts
Not one single problem with the paint on my 04 and that is with Winters in the northeast.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Quality-wise my 04's paint is still fine. But the colors are off. My car seems to be three different shades of yellow. The body's one, the bumpers are another and the gills are also a little bit off. Not enough to do anything about it but every once in a while I see it and it irks me just a little bit.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
mine an 03 and i take care of it.. people ask me if its custom paint and there shocked when i tell them its Stock hyundai Black so no problems here

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I have a new silver 2006 GT for 6 months now. I live in Monterey, CA by the ocean and I have done alot of highway travel to Bakersfield and LA. So far no problems. I wash my car once a week and use an automatic car wash that uses brushes too. *I'm keeping my figers crossed now that I read this*

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
no problems, 33k miles

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I have a red 03 tib with almost 60K and i havent had much of a problem with the paint. i also have a silver 04 tib with 40K and i dont have a single problem with the paint. i know though that there is a little bit of a warranty on the paint. im not 100% sure exactly what it is but i belive my dealer said it was something like 12 months or 12000 miles. dont quote me on it though. its definately something to research though if you want to know for sure and/or have problems

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, it's nice to see that not everyone has had problems. I really love the Tiburon, so I guess it's worth buying one and taking my chances. I've never heard of so many paint issues though with any other vehicle.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
billy2642 said:
I have a red 03 tib with almost 60K and i havent had much of a problem with the paint. i also have a silver 04 tib with 40K and i dont have a single problem with the paint. i know though that there is a little bit of a warranty on the paint. im not 100% sure exactly what it is but i belive my dealer said it was something like 12 months or 12000 miles. dont quote me on it though. its definately something to research though if you want to know for sure and/or have problems
Paint warranty is 3 yrs 36k miles. I had one small issue with the hood, which was repaired under warranty as a "factory defect". I also have the slightly different shades with the bumpers and gills, but that's completely normal since the bumpers and gills (and fuel door) are plastic and the rest is metal.

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
I have an '05, and my paint has small areas where it looks like the clearcoat has bubbles under it. I'm eventually going to take it in to the dealer and have it looked at.

·
Registered
4,846 Posts
only problems i've had are the cheep parts they puton. like the door handles, gas cap. mirrors, and spolier.

·
Registered
939 Posts
My paint still looks just fine- 2003 w/ 45,000 miles, through several Illinois winters.

Wash it, wax it, take care of it, blah blah blah.

Oh yeah~ Buy the Tib and enjoy!

·
Banned
1,542 Posts
No problems with my '04. A few nicks from PA Turnpike driving but that's about it. Normal stuff.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts