Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed the CM Stage 2/Fidanza FW combo and I find it hard to get it into first gear after startup, so I have to put it in second gear and then it goes easier into first. Is that normal or will it go away? Is that a part of breaking it in? Also, I find that I have to rev it to about 1200 rpm or a little more to get the clutch moving from a stop whereas with the OEM clutch i could get it out at 1000 rpm or less. Is that also normal? This my first aftermarket clutchflywheel upgrade that I ever bought, so I dont know how it is supposed to feel like?

Thanks

Jon

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I just installed the CM Stage 2/Fidanza FW combo and I find it hard to get it into first gear after startup, so I have to put it in second gear and then it goes easier into first. Is that normal or will it go away? Is that a part of breaking it in? Also, I find that I have to rev it to about 1200 rpm or a little more to get the clutch moving from a stop whereas with the OEM clutch i could get it out at 1000 rpm or less. Is that also normal? This my first aftermarket clutchflywheel upgrade that I ever bought, so I dont know how it is supposed to feel like?

Thanks

Jon
Hey, i just upgraded to a CM Stage 4/Fidanza FW combo and i have to rev to about 1800 to get it to go, i was also told that was normal, so im guessing that reving to 1200 is probably normal. As for being hard to get in gear i dont think it should be mine shifts in and out of gears fine but i could be wrong.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey, i just upgraded to a CM Stage 4/Fidanza FW combo and i have to rev to about 1800 to get it to go, i was also told that was normal, so im guessing that reving to 1200 is probably normal. As for being hard to get in gear i dont think it should be mine shifts in and out of gears fine but i could be wrong.
Yeh, it just seems to be hard to get into only first gear sometimes. i mean this is the first day i got to drive it so maybe it has to break in more. i dont know, but if i drop into any other gear and they it goes into first very easilty from a stop or if i put in a neutral after being in a gear while coming to a light, i can engage 1st very easily. I think Unholy said something about it being hard the first time out and that it has to break in or something.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts