Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I’ve had this intake on for a few months now everything seems fine but every time I look at my intake I always notice the filter seems like its kind of cramped in its space where it’s at like it’s kinda pushed against the headlight housing I was wondering if this is fine or should I opt for a skinnier filter or even should I just change it to a shorter length intake system I just hate how this looks

Attachments

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
That's an Injen short ram and that's how it's supposed to be. It pulls colder air than any other SRI since it sits above the hole going down into the fender where a cold air intake would sit anyway.

If you don't want it I'll buy it from ya.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Nope!.. it is installed incorrectly!
I have the same one, the pieces are not in the correct order.

the smaller 90 degree piece is the first one starting from the throttle body, then the MAF, then longer piece, then the filter.
the vacuum hose going from this smaller piece to the intake should be after the MAF in the air flow direction.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That looks proper man so I basically need to switch the elbow that the filter is on to the intake r

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Ok yeah I didn't see that the pieces were reversed. The filter still sits pretty snug in that area, but shouldn't be rubbing more than a little.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Nah... Just add another elbow in there to extend the filter completely out beyond the headlight so you can reeeeeally get that cold air. o_O
Yes you’ll have to remove one headlight permanently but who cares, just modify the fog lights to aim up.🙄 Plus it’s well worth the 30-50HP you‘ll surely gain by doing this, at least on cold days.

The only problem I see, is that such a mod will inevitably lead to more challenges to race.
Mustang and VW owners will assume the cold air intake popping out of your cars eye socket means, you mean business🤨. And of course the only other logical assumption is that you are also boosted🚙💨. Are you boosted Alex? Do plan to be? Huh? Huh?

Anyways, I also suggest adding a deterrent in case this becomes a problem. Maybe a bumper sticker that says “See you at the track” or “ Student Driver”. Just stay away from “Baby on Board”, particularly if your single. YW!! 🚙💨🚓😝

·
Registered
176 Posts
Nah... Just add another elbow in there to extend the filter completely out beyond the headlight so you can reeeeeally get that cold air. o_O
Yes you’ll have to remove one headlight permanently but who cares, just modify the fog lights to aim up.🙄 Plus it’s well worth the 30-50HP you‘ll surely gain by doing this, at least on cold days.

The only problem I see, is that such a mod will inevitably lead to more challenges to race.
Mustang and VW owners will assume the cold air intake popping out of your cars eye socket means, you mean business🤨. And of course the only other logical assumption is that you are also boosted🚙💨. Are you boosted Alex? Do plan to be? Huh? Huh?

Anyways, I also suggest adding a deterrent in case this becomes a problem. Maybe a bumper sticker that says “See you at the track” or “ Student Driver”. Just stay away from “Baby on Board”, particularly if your single. YW!! 🚙💨🚓😝
plus, removing the headlight will be a weight reduction.
that should save another half a second at the strip :p

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So is your point to make fun of me because you think I’m some idiot that thinks this car is fast and races people on the street just because I put an intake? If so your dead wrong I don’t street race I think it’s stupid

·
Registered
151 Posts
No no, not at all. I was just joking obviously. Sorry to offend. Good luck with the intake. It does make the Tib sound great.

·
Registered
176 Posts
So is your point to make fun of me because you think I’m some idiot that thinks this car is fast and races people on the street just because I put an intake? If so your dead wrong I don’t street race I think it’s stupid
C'mon bro, take it easy.
We are all having a good time here, we were just joking around.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts