Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have about 200 miles on my 06 Tib, now i know ur supposed to keep it under a certain speed and all that while u break it in, well i was in 3rd and i was goin fast but for some reason it felt like there was a power hold on it, as if the speed was actually slowing down as the rpms went up. I mean thats what it felt like..Possible could be the break in period? I also jus reset the Ecu by taking off the negative battery terminal. Possible could that have affected it? Thanks for your imput guys.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
6 speed its a SE..and also what is proper way of breaking the motor in?

·
How do you change this?
1,883 Posts
062Scani said:
6 speed its a SE..and also what is proper way of breaking the motor in?
Break it in how you plan to drive it.

And I dont know about the power hold.

·
Registered
867 Posts
I am with herb. this is a long battled discussion about how to break in a car, I break all mine in like they are stolen.

·
Registered
42 Posts
The manual dicatates how you should break in your car... it is only recommended in order to keep your mpg down.

·
Registered
6,325 Posts
My 06 SE didn't start loosening up until like 5,000 miles. I didnt get on my car at all until like 1800miles. Also remember that due to the powerband of the V6 the power and pull drops off very quickly after around 5000rpm's. . Engine was bread from factory to have good low-end torque but sacrificed big time high rpm juice. I have 12,500 miles now and car is really running better with age.

·
Registered
898 Posts
You want the rings to seat properly, take it to all types of stresses. The block is already broken in the day it arrives at the stealership.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cool thanks for all the input guys, I think another thing i might try is the slave cylinder mod, i mean i owned a 91 eclipse GSX before and man my clutch grabbed like a mother! But this one felt slipping maybe thats why i wasnt to happy bout it. Would the slave mod be bad to do on a new motor? or it doesnt matter?

·
Registered
6,325 Posts
062Scani said:
Cool thanks for all the input guys, I think another thing i might try is the slave cylinder mod, i mean i owned a 91 eclipse GSX before and man my clutch grabbed like a mother! But this one felt slipping maybe thats why i wasnt to happy bout it. Would the slave mod be bad to do on a new motor? or it doesnt matter?
I dont think it really matters, I would just take it easy on your car for the first couple thousand miles. Thats what I did and now I beat the crap out of mine and she begs for more.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Well even just this weekend I watched a special on Ferraris and how they are built. Once it is done, the first thing they do is take the car outside to the track and beat the ever living piss out of it to make sure it drives like a Ferrari.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts