Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys

well i have an 03 manifold that i got for porting, but the thing is that my 04 manifold has a different sensor here... i think it controls the idle, but the BBTB has an idle adjustment on it. so my question is.. Do the sensors have the same plug and can be used with any year?? Or if they are different if i just disconnect it, will the car throw a CEL??
here is what i am referring to the ISA

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
ISA = Idle Speed Actuator. Yes they are different between the 2003 and 2004, and will probably throw a code if you disconnect it. In 2004, the 2.0 was a CVVT motor, and the ISA is different on that year. Part # for the '03 is 35150-22600. Part # for the '04+ is 35150-23700. Whether the plug is the same, I don't know. I have the 22600 in stock, but don't have the 23700 to compare it to.

Falcon_w13 said:
hey guys

well i have an 03 manifold that i got for porting, but the thing is that my 04 manifold has a different sensor here... i think it controls the idle, but the BBTB has an idle adjustment on it. so my question is.. Do the sensors have the same plug and can be used with any year?? Or if they are different if i just disconnect it, will the car throw a CEL??
here is what i am referring to the ISA

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmm so i will trow a CEL with it disconnected..

i can take a pic of the connector of my 04 maybe you can see if they will match.. but also on top of that i need to know if the 03 ISA will work on my 04 ecu. HMA doesn't have anything listed for the 04 ISA.

I am also getting a remaped ecu from kdmguy to finish my turbo project. So i guess ill trow him a PM. maybe he can program it to work with the 03 ISA...

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Falcon_w13 said:
hmm so i will trow a CEL with it disconnected..

i can take a pic of the connector of my 04 maybe you can see if they will match.. but also on top of that i need to know if the 03 ISA will work on my 04 ecu. HMA doesn't have anything listed for the 04 ISA.

I am also getting a remaped ecu from kdmguy to finish my turbo project. So i guess ill trow him a PM. maybe he can program it to work with the 03 ISA...
I doubt the '03 will work on your '04. Did the '03 manifold you bought not come with the ISA?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts