Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Retired Staff | Track Rat
5,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased my body kit from Mike in March of 2005.

Unfortunately, this was during the time when Rick screwed him (and everyone else) over, and thus I did not receive my kit until late August of 05. Mike however was extremely patient with me (when sometimes I wasn't quite so patient), and kept me up-to-date on the whereabouts and ETA of my kit.

When the kit finally arrived, it was packaged wonderfully, only a small crack in one of the side-skirts that was easily repaired. Again, Rick screwed up and I did not get my rear diffuser that was supposed to come with the kit.

Mike was good enough to contact me on his own accord and ask me if I would like a $100 refund for the missing part.

Overall, Mike is one of the best sellers I've dealt with, and I would highly recommend him for any of your body kit needs.

Mike = 5 stars

·
Retired Staff
4,860 Posts
Woot! Mike was great to deal with about everything I've got from him with enough updates to keep me happy. Mike = 5 Stars (out of 5, not 10 or something... cough... cough Gamz)

·
Pete: The Man
4,366 Posts
Yep. Just bought a hood for another member off of him. He worked with me the best he could, and gave me a great deal!

·
Retired Staff | Track Rat
5,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Trinity said:
Woot! Mike = 5 Stars (out of 5, not 10 or something... cough... cough Gamz)
Yeah, yeah, that's it... 5/5 baby :3_nosthum

·
Premium Member
5,501 Posts
Aww thanks guys! Luckily, I'm obviously not working with Rick anymore, so those shortcomings and delays that he was causing are now completely out the window. Of course, it's all a lot more work for me now (especially since I don't speak Korean) and the costs are higher....but I'll trade that any time in exchange for less/no headaches--and ultimately happy customers at the end of the day.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I can not say the same about this individual. I purchased tail lights from mike almost 2 years ago and still have no resolve. Basically he took $300.00 and has yet to produce a refund or the product which = stealing, would not buy anything from him nor would I ever recommend him to anyone. My story and many others are listed in the link below, PLEASE review this thread before you purchase anything from Mike so you can see all sides of the story and not just his friends. Don't let yourself become his next victim http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41164

·
Registered
450 Posts
oh yea I've got my M&S lip kit from Mike and he's the man

the kits are in paint shop and it's getting painted

Thanks again Mike!!

dun forget about the sticker :D

·
Registered
230 Posts
mike will not talk to me nor give me my money back he still owes me $185 almost 2 years later... so i disagree with everyone here... i would not buy anything from him ever again thank you

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
I bought my first supercharger from Mike (one of the very first alpine units sold in the USA) and every aspect of my dealings with Mike was top notch!!!

If I ever decide to get into the looks of my Tib as much as the "go" Mike will be the man to get my business without a doubt :3_nosthum

·
Dave: NT Admin
2,768 Posts
I have no complaints. He helped me get a bodykit shipped to me that I didn't even buy from him. Everything went quick and smoothly. I'd definitely do business with him again.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Well, I can't speak to anyone else's experiences but Italia has always done right by me.

From the original Alpine Super Charger Group buy (like QUINT I also got one of the first in the country), to the Carbon Fiber hood he got me, etc. he has always been professional and prompt. I've trusted him with thousands of dollars and have had no problems. When my Tiburon was stolen a few months ago he even helped me get old receipts together for some of my purchases from him which I would not have had otherwise. I've always had responses from him to any questions I have asked within 24 hours and usually sooner.

It is unfortunate if any of you had problems with his business but I have not. I have highly reccommended him to others and will continue to do so.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
if you think mike is a thief or risky to buy from, consider this:
why would mike "steal" money from a 150 - 200 dollar item? is that worth ruining your reputation over? does it even make sense? mike deals with thousands of dollars on a regular basis. if mike was out to steal, why wouldnt he steal money for big ticket items? why destroy a business over a few hundred dollars? i can only consider the information from both sides of this argument and obviously both believe that they are in the right. as an individual i'll never know what really happened. i think those that lost money do deserve a refund, but the real question is from who? acting bitter won't help resolve anything, it will only make things more difficult. if there is a guy name rick who is responsible, he needs to be dealt with accordingly. this is going to require cooperation, not threats of legal action. the threats should be going to rick. this whole thing needs a mediator to settle it.

i've only purchased emblems from mike in the past and he sent me an extra one which i am happy with, and i recently just paid for eyelines. i plan to do more business with him in the future for much bigger items.

again i'm not saying the victims in this case should be written off, just that cooperation is needed to resolve anything. please don't kill me for sticking my nose in your business :( i like all of you guys.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
bcware said:
if you think mike is a thief or risky to buy from, consider this:
why would mike "steal" money from a 150 - 200 dollar item? is that worth ruining your reputation over? does it even make sense? mike deals with thousands of dollars on a regular basis. if mike was out to steal, why wouldnt he steal money for big ticket items? why destroy a business over a few hundred dollars? i can only consider the information from both sides of this argument and obviously both believe that they are in the right. as an individual i'll never know what really happened. i think those that lost money do deserve a refund, but the real question is from who? acting bitter won't help resolve anything, it will only make things more difficult. if there is a guy name rick who is responsible, he needs to be dealt with accordingly. this is going to require cooperation, not threats of legal action. the threats should be going to rick. this whole thing needs a mediator to settle it.
:3_withstu

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
I can vouch for Italia as well... I'd buy from him anytime.

·
Slortchus Maximus Non-Adminus
7,099 Posts
:.peter.: said:
uhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. this is the buyer-seller feedback forum, correct? Then shouldn't they place their complaints here, even if it's a repeat. I mean, who is going to look up in the older threads to see if he was a good/bad seller? New members will refer to THIS THREAD (buyer/seller). The reason for the repeat, in other words, is because this part of the forum was recently made, and this type of material SHOULD be placed here, negative/positive.

I'm sure all the positive remarks here have been easily repeated atleast once... then why is it a problem that the negative ones are repeated?

Also, how are they supposed to PM most or all the newer buyers about their experience? I'm sure they don't spend every waking hour on this forum, you know....
I have keep ALL initial postive or negative posts from each member. I deleted all the slandering/harassing posts that are just members bickering back and forth.

This forum is to voice your experience, not to constaintly slander someone. By deleting all the unneeded posts, it will make it easier for the newbies to see both the postitive and negative posts without having to read all the unneeded posts.

I consider this matter closed at this point.

·
...Be Envied
2,196 Posts
I bought a Carbon Fiber Hood through ItaliaTib2k3 and got it in perfect condition in very good time. he was also always very easy to communicate with and was well updated on my status.

I also dealt with him during his ordeal with Rick. Rick left him in a bad situation and Italia did everything he could to help us.

I would definitely purchase through ItaliaTib2k3 again. Good business!

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
i purchased painted tomato eyelines from mike, item came super fast, looks great, great transaction.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts