Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,306 Posts
To each his own I guess
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,846 Posts
i remember Solo postin cars like this a while... and i just bought a car mag (import tuner i think) that has a couple of these kind of cars in it... and i have to say they are starting to rub off on me. i like it ^_^
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
465 Posts
Hawtness!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
615 Posts
Yeah Solo posted a whole series of cars earlier this year. They truly are very nice cars but then again they are in fact trying to be more like their Euro-competitors (merc, bmw etc.)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Deno said:
Yeah Solo posted a whole series of cars earlier this year. They truly are very nice cars but then again they are in fact trying to be more like their Euro-competitors (merc, bmw etc.)
I don't think they are trying to compete with the euros, VIP style cars aren't limited to just japanese cars. I've seen some nice VIP style MB's and Bimmers, I think even a Chrysler 300C could probably be considered a VIP car.


OTownTib said:
i remember Solo postin cars like this a while... and i just bought a car mag (import tuner i think) that has a couple of these kind of cars in it... and i have to say they are starting to rub off on me. i like it ^_^
Yeah, I blame Import Tuner for getting me hooked on VIP style cars. I've known about VIP style cars for a couple of years, but I never really looked into the scene until I read the article. It wasn't just the article that changed my mind, I took a trip to visit a few friends a couple weeks ago, I was tired of the all the road noise, exhaust drone and shifting after I got back. Made me think about buying a nice luxury car for a daily driver, and picking up a 1G DSM for a fun weekend car. Maybe I'm just getting old :3_saai: (yeah right, I turn 21 in Jan. lol) It's too bad I won't be able to afford the really nice aftermarket parts unless I save up for awhile, the 5-piece Junction Produce kit for the GS series is friggin $4,400 :2_eek: Even their taillights are just over a grand.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
615 Posts
Yeah I know what you mean about other non-japanese cars, but I'm talking about the roots of VIP-cars.
It was started by wannabe yakuzza boys who were so impressed of the Yakuzza driving around in their S-class mercs and 7-series Bimmers but didn't have that kind of money to buy them, so they used domestic (japanese) cars that were somewhat in the same class as they previously mentioned luxury cars, but not as expensive, and made them more "exclusive and luxury" lookin than they were. This is how the VIP cars began, how they emerged!

As mentioned in previous post their true calling is to look as expensive as the Euros but in facts not be as expensive!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Deno said:
Yeah I know what you mean about other non-japanese cars, but I'm talking about the roots of VIP-cars.
It was started by wannabe yakuzza boys who were so impressed of the Yakuzza driving around in their S-class mercs and 7-series Bimmers but didn't have that kind of money to buy them, so they used domestic (japanese) cars that were somewhat in the same class as they previously mentioned luxury cars, but not as expensive, and made them more "exclusive and luxury" lookin than they were. This is how the VIP cars began, how they emerged!

As mentioned in previous post their true calling is to look as expensive as the Euros but in facts not be as expensive!
Ah, I see what you mean.

I found more pics of the GS300. So sexy!
http://www.gtkings.com/forum/simple/index.php?t21536.html
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,165 Posts
staw512 said:
i have to say, vip style doesnt impress me
I'm glad I'm not the only one. I mean whos pompus *** decided this style could be called VIP? To me this is just as much rice as the kid with the wing on his car and decals down the side. Problem is I can't say I like the look of VIP any more than the double decker, windshield wiper lights (sorry niki) civics.

PS this is pretty much exactly what Solo posted
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top