Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Slortchus Maximus Non-Adminus
7,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To have an unique car that when everyone sees it their mouth will drop. Every car has a love it or hate it opinion about its style, but to have the car that everyone wants is something great! A car that I can take out and enjoy every time I get behind the wheel. I've seen that in the Black GT V6 Tiburon sitting in the dealers lot.

When I seen the unique new style I knew that was the car I wanted to drive, but I wanted something more. Leather seats, sunroof and Infinity speakers was a must and I wasn't gonna leave there other wise. When they got the fully loaded Tiburon in with a 10 year 100,000 mile warranty that I would most likely void I took the deal.

While I waited for my car to arrive at the dealership I planned my every move on the upcoming mods. While driving it off the lot I knew I had to change the factory head unit and the wheels to make it stand out. I purchased the 6.5" Pioneer Touch screen in dash DVD monitor with 2 10" Pioneer Premieres with a 1800 watt Rockford Fosgate Amp in a custom black and red leather ported box. My next modification was to change the factory wheels and go with a 17" Konig Verdicts but those only lasted a year till my latest set of 18" Motegi Chrome MR4 with Kumho ECSTA 711 tires.

Current mods:
AeroGear Hy-Bryd 2 series Body Kit
Greddy Evo2 Dual Exaust system
30% window tint
18" Motegi Chrome MR4 w/ Kumho ECSTA 711 tires
Clear Corners
Chrome Altezza Tails
Painted red calipers
Red street glow
Eurolight headlight bulbs
Custom vanity plate
Interior:
Chrome Temperature knobs
Chrome Gauge rings
Chrome shift plate
Chrome vent covers
Custom trip meter switch
Custom switches for neon es,system, fog lights, bass control
Ps2 outlet adapter under dash
2 red neons under dash
Super white map light bulbs
Audio:
6.5" Pionner touch screen in dash DVD player
2 10" Pionner premieres wtih a 1800watt Rockford Fosgate amp in custom Black/Red leather ported box
Performance:
Ark front chrome strut bar
Ark rear chrome strut bar
Injen Cold air intake

Ordering more parts almost monthly to get a clean apperance and putting mods on my car is an addicting habit and I was bound to make it one!
I recently got sponsored by Sports Compact Pro and hopefully I will get more sponsers as I continue to show my car at local shows.

Future mods:
VIS Invader hood
Chrome door handles
T badges
Headers
New paint job

Congrats platinumtib on having the first COTM of 2006!!!

From our awesome sponser Turbo Wax, you will receive:

1) 4oz Turbo Wax Paint Protection
1) 4oz Turbo Wax Pre Wax Cleanser
1) 4oz Turbo Wax Tire Gel
1) 4oz Turbo Wax 3 Amigos
1) 4oz Turbo Wax Last Minute Detailer
1) 4oz Turbo Wax Car Shampoo
1) Applicator

Way to go!

·
K, you buy me sniper nao!
1,555 Posts
Re: January COTM ***jamie***

congrats platinumtib, not to my liking, but good job none the less. Nice work.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Re: January COTM ***platinumtib ***

good job....

·
Banned
1,130 Posts

I'm not a big fan either, but that doesn't look half bad! Originality on the kit, good work. What plans do you have for the "new paint job" that you're listing as a future option? I've got something brewing for spring as well, but I've gone in 80 thousand directions and posted all kinds of crazy ass ideas on here so nobody will actually know until it's done :p

·
Registered
615 Posts

not the best COTM sofar.. but U sure desrve it.. congrats

·
Registered
1,959 Posts

Shaide said:
I'm not a big fan either, but that doesn't look half bad! Originality on the kit, good work. What plans do you have for the "new paint job" that you're listing as a future option? I've got something brewing for spring as well, but I've gone in 80 thousand directions and posted all kinds of crazy ass ideas on here so nobody will actually know until it's done :p
it has some minor scratches to it but i might just go with a black with maybe a metalic flake dunno yet still looking

·
Registered
1,470 Posts

hows the fitment on that kit, me likey...

·
Banned
4,260 Posts

Congratulations, platinumtib! This is a great example for this category, good job :)

Look forward to seeing some cool cars this year as we offer more categories and allow more members to participate, this should be a lot of fun if we can get the hang of the new categories and get enough members to submit their rides for consideration. Look for those threads in the General Discussion forum I believe and if you have questions, please post them in there so Ryloth can answer them.

Again! Congrats on being the first COTM of 2006! :m_thumrig

·
Registered
1,959 Posts

JCKnights3707 said:
hows the fitment on that kit, me likey...
The front end lined up real nice the sides had to grind some off the lenth and the part where it goes inside the door I had to trim some but other than that it was pretty good

Ordered from Andy's auto

·
Registered
1,420 Posts

Aerogear needs to sponsor you, as their red tib version of the hybrid kit does not do it justice.
I believed that their Soju kit was their true prize, glad to see you proved me wrong.
Congrats and good luck with additional sponsors.

·
Registered
6,003 Posts

congrats, the kit looks pretty nice on a black tib....

·
Registered
515 Posts

is it me, lighting or does the finish on the front bumper look bad?

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.