Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If i have the head ported and polished will it still run right with the preprogrammed smt6???

and....

What kind of pistons come with this kit? are the tops ceramic coated and the sides moly coated?

·
Registered
989 Posts
I asked this question to Dave when I got my Alpine kit. The answer is yes. the port will not affect the tune. But then again... its always good to go to a dyno to double check a "pre-tuned" device anyways.

the pistons are 1.8L alpha piston/rod combo.

I want to know if the 2.0 bearings and other hardware can be re-used in the 1.8L piston/rod combo.

tim

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I asked this question to Dave when I got my Alpine kit. The answer is yes. the port will not affect the tune. But then again... its always good to go to a dyno to double check a "pre-tuned" device anyways.

the pistons are 1.8L alpha piston/rod combo.

I want to know if the 2.0 bearings and other hardware can be re-used in the 1.8L piston/rod combo.

tim
1.8L??? so how does that comply with a 2.0L? and i really wanna know if the pistons have been treated =O cause there gonna need it how i drive =)

·
Registered
8,088 Posts
Never re-use bearings. They have a coating that helps them wear evenly and seat to the crankshaft journal. Its best to just buy new ones, they are cheap. The big end, the end of the rod that mates to the crankshaft is the same on both 1.8 and 2.0 rods. The only difference is the 1.8 rods are shorter.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Never re-use bearings. They have a coating that helps them wear evenly and seat to the crankshaft journal. Its best to just buy new ones, they are cheap. The big end, the end of the rod that mates to the crankshaft is the same on both 1.8 and 2.0 rods. The only difference is the 1.8 rods are shorter.
what about the coatings on the pistons???

·
Registered
8,088 Posts
the newer Beta 2 pistons do have a coating on the piston skirts to aid in anti-wear and break in. AFAIK the older 1.8l and 2.0l beta 1 pistons have no such coating. If your re-using pistons its always a good idea to slap on a new set of rings.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the newer Beta 2 pistons do have a coating on the piston skirts to aid in anti-wear and break in. AFAIK the older 1.8l and 2.0l beta 1 pistons have no such coating. If your re-using pistons its always a good idea to slap on a new set of rings.
now im confused???

i have a 2007 2.0l, would i use the 1.8l pistons that come with the kit? or am i supose to reuse mine?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts