1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Yes, just ground the wire and it works, no need for a code. Most just run a switch between the ground wire and the ground itself, so they can flip it off to make it work like it should for the just in case!
Something else to look at:
Disclaimer:
No shipping needed, No Jensen Head Unit is included in this auction.
Immediate paypal payment is required with a confirmed paypal address only - NO EXCEPTIONS!
Why would he have to have a confirmed PayPal Address when there is no shipping, very strange!

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ah yeah, that worked great on my last Jensen. The VM9021 TS has the new sequence that you have to ground it, unground it, and then ground it again. I have a switch on it now, but really don't want to have to switch it off and on 2x everytime. Face it, you input this code, save it to the HU, and you don't need a switch or a ground connection for the brake at all. Everytime you turn it on, it's ready. The code cost $1.00 The switch cost more than that. ????????????????

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Zanardi said:
why pay for it... google search is your friend

http://forum.ecoustics.com/bbs/messages/4/278797.html

second post down... I did this with mine and it works perfectly... no switch, and once its done I didnt even need to ground my parking brake wire anymore... its just tied off in the back... works like a charm.
Oh well, I received the code in an email right before you posted and did it. It worked great. At least it was only $1.00

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Well that is good, glad it worked out. I didn't realize the newer once were sequenced like the other brands! At least yours is not dual switched, + and -, you have to get a relay box for them!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts