Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking into the Jethot coating recently for some SSA v2 headers. In the packet of info they sent me after I asked for a price quote, they also askedif I wanted/needed anything else coated, and to let them know so it would be given at a discounted price.
This got me thinking...what else could benefit from a heat resistant coating?
I previously saw an older thread about a lace-up "Cool tube" you can place on your CAI or SRI to reflect heat from the intake and, in theory (correct me if I'm wrong), result in a cooler air environment within the intake.
Great idea, but I think the general consensus was that the tubing shield ended up looking like a hookers leg when installed. I'm looking for functionality and appearance.
Anyways, back to the original question.
Would a coating of Jethot on the SRI or CAI, in effect, produce the same results as the "Cool tube" being that the coating is heat resistant? Or would I just be wasting my money on something that wouldn't really matter in the end?
Comments? Opinions?
MJ

·
Swim away fishes...
5,421 Posts
Only time I see this benefiting is sitting in traffic, but performance isn't really an issue at that time anyway.

·
Registered
547 Posts
do the engine, :3_wink: jk
intake manifold would be interesting, but I dont think it would be worth it.
is your intake polished. mine is polished alluminum so I am thinking in the spring to wrap it with the heat reflecting tape. my friend and i did it on his charge pipe with insolated heat reflectant tape. even though its alluminum, which is good with absorbing and getting rid of heat, it does get a little hot. not as hot as the TB or IM. I dont think I would do it if its gonna cost more than $30, imo.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For the SSA v2 headers I got a quote of $195 for the Inside and Outside Sterling coat. There is also a 10% internet discount they gave out with the quote bringing it to $175.50 w/out shipping.
Direct number is (800)432-3379, or better yet, you can have them send you a quote like they did me by just going to their site http://www.jet-hot.com/pages/getestimate.php
MJ

1 - 5 of 5 Posts