Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a Stage 1 Alpine setup! Excited to join the boosted group! I want to be sure this is done correctly so had questions regarding install. Before install I would like to be sure the coating inside the blower is still good. is there a way for me to check this with it being still attached to the manifold? My next question, are stock injectors still usable with the stage 1 setup?

Ps. Sig says 75-shot nitrous but I won't be running the nitrous + S/C in tandem without the proper modifications. (Bigger fuel pump, tuner, injectors, internals)

Thank you!

·
Registered
7,970 Posts
You should be able to look through the throttle body opening with a flash light and get a general idea of the rotor condition.
Stock injectors are fine for the most part with the 3.4" pulley. I would recommend a 190lph pump upgrade for safety.
Absolutely no N2O with a blower unless its a direct port and you have some way to tune it AND you know what your doing.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will do the flashlight method! Won't be putting the SC on till it's painted so I'll have time to put a 190lph. And of course, once I run them together the nitrous will be going through my neztec direct port and not through the SC itself. When you say tuning are you referring to fuel or ecu ? I was planning on apexi safc2 for fuel but not so sure what I can do ecu wise

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Any idea what a popular device for the tib would be for tuning off manifold pressure ? As far as nitrous I'm already running rich so was planning on apexi for when i get bigger injectors. With the SC I'm only running a 75-shot so I figured timing retard (besides what the stock ecu does) wouldn't be necessary.

Edit: after research, I'm more than likely going Megasquirt MS2 instead of Apexi

·
Registered
7,970 Posts
The mega squirt is an ok budget standalone but you better do your homework. The Haltech Elite 2000 cost more but is a much better option and boomslang makes a plug and play harness. You will have to hard wire the MS2 in. Plus I have pretty good base maps for the Elite. With the MS2 your on your own.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts