Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Slortchus Maximus Non-Adminus
7,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It happened in June 05, 4:30 AM in the morning Phil was driving to work when he suddenly realized two lights on his lane coming towards him. Seconds later...... BOOM, a german motorist driving against the traffic on motorways just “destroyed” Phils ´95 Honda Civic with his Toyota Rav4.

Due to work, Phil needed a new car...and damn fast. So the week after the accident Phil and his father went looking for a new car. He was looking for a Toyota Celica OR a Hyundai Tiburon (he knew the car long before since his mother was a big fan, and he too really loved the look of the Tiburon). Lucky him, after two hours of driving he stood in front of the first Tiburon he had ever seen in person and it was love at first sight. He bought the car the same day and just a week later it stood right in front of his door......

Since Phil is very into cars, the first thing he did was to part out the ICE system of the old car and re-install it into the Tiburon. This time everythig should be the best he could get so the car was at his local shop for nearly a month. Dash, a-pillars, kickpanels, whole FG and leathered trunk...... just the best was good enough for his baby. As he saw the final product he knew this car will get BIG, so the search on the internet for parts began and the wheels in his head began to turn. The rest of 2005 he kept buying parts for his Tiburon and the more parts he accumulated it was pretty clear that he would have to install them all at once in swoop. So his lil´flat got pretty filled up with rims ( OZ Ultraleggera 18”) bodykit (M&S Warrior), GT Wing, Heads, tails etc. Etc.

Mods:

Exterior :

-Mussa WarrioR Basic Kit
-GT Wing
-GT Wing cf rear Eyelids
-Facelift headlights
-Facelift taillights
-Full set of biolights & Eurolite
-Shaved side markers
-Shaved antenna
-Shaved Trunk Lock
-Repaint in Sparkling Graphite/Black
-Gullwingdoors.com Lsd´s
-Muteki Lug Nuts
-Blue Painted Calipers

Interior :

-BROS gauges
-Metal pedals
-Metal door gills
-Mussa VentRings
-Custom shiftknob
-Soundmasters FG Trunk + full Dash Re-Design + A-Pillars

Wheels and Suspension :

-OZ Ultraleggera 18" x8 ET35 on Conti SC2
-Bilstein B16 PSS Coilovers
-Mussa Strut Bar

Engine :

-Injen Cold Air Intake

ICE :

Headunit : Alpine DVA-9860R
Proc: Alpine PXA-H701 + RUX-C701
TFT: Directed HVM-700 (3, 1 in-dash, 2 in Trunk )
Voltage scrn: Brax x2
Tweeters: RS-Audio Pro T26
Midrange: DLS URS 2.5"
Kicks : Cadence CVL (3" Voicecoil ^^, powered with 450 W/rms EACH)
AMPS : Crossfire VR-804 for Tweeters & Midrange (bout 180 w/rms per channel)
Crossfire VR-1202 for Kicks
Crossfire VR-1000D on sub
Batts: 2 Exxide G80´s and hell alot of minor things like caps, wiring, relais...

Future Plans :

-Zefiro "chaos ^^" or the Vented Club GTR cf Hood
-Supra Sideskirts melted on cars body
-some more custom work on the Interieur..
----> Engine work, going F/I

As the list grew and grew so did his imagination and on February 2006 the time came to do the metamorphosis. The whole car got stripped out once and the work began. In 2 weeks they shaved the sidemarkers, trunk lock, antenna, installed the mussakit and GT-Wing. Installed the Injen CAI, swapped heads and tails (+tapped on cf eyelids), installed the rims and repainted the whole car from Super Silver to Sparkling Graphite (gunmetal, bmw 3-series) / Black.

The first time Phil saw pictures of his car he knew he succeded but the story didn't end there. During the next few months, he bought a set of LSD´s from gullwingdoors.com, coilovers for his Beau and loads of interior stuff like gauges, pedals, shiftknob, strutbar, etc......

Another special thing about Phil´s car is that it is FULLY STREET LEGAL in Austria, everything got TÜV approval (coilovers and gullwingdoors to come). This was very important to Phil because the Tiburon is still his everyday car.

This month Phils car will get new sideskirts (supra style) molded on his car as his current, M&S ones, seem to be not aggressive enough for his taste. In the future he plans on going F/I with an Alpine Stg 1, a new clutch and a BBK...this wont be street legal anymore but it will be show time!!!

Congrats Gamble!!!

And once again from our awesome site sponser Turbo Wax, you will receive:

1) 4oz Turbo Wax Paint Protection
1) 4oz Turbo Wax Pre Wax Cleanser
1) 4oz Turbo Wax Tire Gel
1) 4oz Turbo Wax 3 Amigos
1) 4oz Turbo Wax Last Minute Detailer
1) 4oz Turbo Wax Car Shampoo
1) Applicator

·
Registered
136 Posts
now thats what i call a tiburon! looks amazing with that paint job and kit! keep it up ^^^^^! :3_pimatyo

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
NIce tiburon! metophor kit was always one of my favorites. and the gunmetal color. hot

·
Registered
291 Posts
wanna trade?
loving it

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
This is the best car I have seen in my whole life. Where have I been.

Where and how the crap can I get all those speakers around my tweeter lol!

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Elixar said:
This is the best car I have seen in my whole life. Where have I been.

Where and how the crap can I get all those speakers around my tweeter lol!

i was gonna ask that too, that's the first time i've seen a setup like that around the tweeters, is that a custom job? it looks great.

Man this car has been deserving COTM for so long, was always one of my favorite tibs on the site :)

And oh yeah, that sub enclosure looks absolutely beautifull!

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Hot car!! Hot Girlfriend. Lucky you. Im totally digging the rims and what seems to be blue calipers! Congratz, to you for a pimpin ride!

·
Registered
131 Posts
MoogLe said:
i was gonna ask that too, that's the first time i've seen a setup like that around the tweeters, is that a custom job? it looks great.QUOTE]

I was also wondering that, but one thing I've been wondering for even longer is... Where can I buy that cupholder to fill up the empty space on the passenger side? Oh, one more question. Where can I buy those metal door handles you have inside your doors?
The metal handles that sit right behind the locks and run down the door. I want them sooooo bad!

PS: I love your custom center counsel. They should put this picture in a fancy French museum so people can see it in a few hundred years and say, "Oh... that's nice", but in French cuz they might not all speak English.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.