Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just bought a used Alpine kit, which was sitting in someone's barn for the past few years, and I'm slowly getting ready to install it. I have a few questions, though:
  • acccording to the install manual from Alpine, three vacuum ports should be connected via hoses and T-connector: intake manifold port, bypass actuator and fuel pressure regulator. I have a '05, so a returnless system and no FPR. So I just want to make sure that I ditch the T-connector, and just run a hose from the manifold to the actuator?
  • since I have a returnless system and obviously the kit was designed for a return-type one, will I encounter any problems after the install? I'll be going just Stage 1 for now, so low boost and no changes to ECU/tuning/piggyback or fuel system at all
  • the supercharger was sitting for years, but it looks to be in good condition - no play anywhere, rotors are not scratched - but it's covered in oil. I'm not sure if that's oil from the supercharger itself or from the PCV system of the donor car. Here's a pic, does anybody have a clue, should I just rebuild it?

·
Registered
127 Posts
You can run the line from the intake manifold to the actuator, I have an 08 with a return-less system and this is how I have had it for ~3 years. You can run a stage 1 on a stock ECU with no tune, although your injectors will be near 100% duty cycle.

As for the oil, it is possible that its from the PCV system. I'm not sure about if and/or how you would go about cleaning that, but make sure if you do install this you are running some sort of oil catch can with the PCV system to avoid damaging the coating on the rotors of the SC.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts