Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2003 Tiburon with a v6 2.7 5 speed manual the clutch went all the way to the floor and when you released it it was at the top of the of the pedal range. If you gave it a lot of gas the clutch with slip and it be like you're riding it so you can give a lot of gas and slowly accelerate I accidentally went from second to first. Needless to say it wasn't good but it did fix transmission from slipping I was able to really get on it for the first time and I did it my speed shifting after I hit 120 and I backed off of it it started like missing just pulled over cut it off crank back up and it was funny but when I went to put it in gear there's no clutch went in but it's like grinding and then went completely out now I have nothing as far as gears

·
Administrator
8,788 Posts
To start....punctuation is free on almost any site....also makes it easier to read....
Did you replace clutch with dual mass clutch (stock) or swap to solid flywheel and clutch?

Hanging clutch can make it hard/impossible to select gears with engine running.
May need a clutch circuit bleed or adjustment on the clutch pedal shaft. Search is your friend...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To start....punctuation is free on almost any site....also makes it easier to read....
Did you replace clutch with dual mass clutch (stock) or swap to solid flywheel and clutch?

Hanging clutch can make it hard/impossible to select gears with engine running.
May need a clutch circuit bleed or adjustment on the clutch pedal shaft. Search is your friend...
Sorry for the lack of punctuation, typing on a phone. Anyway even with the car not running it won't go into a gear, the shifter had full range of motion and really has no resistance...

·
Registered
10 Posts
You have the same issue I am currently swing with bro. You need to replace the clutch. You burned it up. I have the same exact car a d am currently in the process of tearing down my car and doing a Solid Flywheel Conversion kit. Cost you about $300 worth every damn penny. If you need any help or tips just message me. I have taking the transmission off the engine block FINALLY after 3 days. Mind you I have NEVER done a Clutch Job in my life and HOLY **** is it a *****. Anyway I am trying to figure out how to I guess lower the Lower Frame bar thing but I can't figure it out. The transmission is off the engine but it's kinda stuck on something. It's 3am where I am but I'm gonna go ahead go to bed. Tomorrow I'm gonna tackle the job after work. If anything comes up or I figured it out I'll update you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts