Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From my dealership. I was throwing a CEL, turns out it was dirty AEM filter..

$400 total for labor and costs..

Car is running so much smoother and quicker.. and that was BEFORE cleaning CAI filter.. hmmmm?

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Hopefully they actually did the 30,000 services and not just clean the filter. Thats damn expensive!

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
its average price. actually they did everything and alot of times they will void your warranty when not done, I had CEL so i HAD to take it in. Car runs so much smoother now, actually feels like more peppy-er after it!

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
So what exactly did they do? Usually at 30k all you need is coolant flush, cabin filter, maybe oil change, and inspect a lot of other things. No offense, but you got hosed.

·
Registered
399 Posts
actually i beleave a full service is

1. spark plugs
2. Spark plug Wires
3. Cap & Rotor
4. flush and replacement of all fluids
5. oil change
6. air intake filter replaced

pls correct me if im wrong

·
Registered
230 Posts
most of those thing you can do yourself.......and save alot and buy MUCH better products that what the dealers give you. butttttttt if you just wanna get it done quick and have the cash i guess the "tune up" at a shop, which you dont know really what the did/didnt do, is easier

·
Registered
110 Posts
most of those thing you can do yourself.......and save alot and buy MUCH better products that what the dealers give you. butttttttt if you just wanna get it done quick and have the cash i guess the "tune up" at a shop, which you dont know really what the did/didnt do, is easier
Ouch!! But your 100% right I rather do it myself plus I know better whats going on with the car that way!! :3_pimatyo

·
Registered
61 Posts
actually i beleave a full service is

1. spark plugs
2. Spark plug Wires
3. Cap & Rotor
4. flush and replacement of all fluids
5. oil change
6. air intake filter replaced

pls correct me if im wrong
hmm so:
plugs= 10 dollars
wires=45 dollars
cap and rotor = 8+20
fluids = 10 coolant, auto tranny fluid 40, brake fluid =8, power steering, 8
oil change=15
air filter=12

some basic math... so approx: 176.... +3 hours to do yourself...

and these cars still have a cap and rotor? theyre not electronic?!?!

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I didnt get hosed. I got my warranty still. dealerships could void it if not done properly or with them. happened to me and a few friends last time and I have a bad fuel filter assembly so Im glad i took it in all replaced under warranty.

·
Rool : Pron Spammer
4,097 Posts
hmm so:
plugs= 10 dollars
wires=45 dollars
cap and rotor = 8+20
fluids = 10 coolant, auto tranny fluid 40, brake fluid =8, power steering, 8
oil change=15
air filter=12

some basic math... so approx: 176.... +3 hours to do yourself...

and these cars still have a cap and rotor? theyre not electronic?!?!
We do not have a cap or rotor.

·
Registered
740 Posts
err.. yeah do it yourself. save the money.. for the extra money the slam on you for the services, its not worth the warranty... the only the i ever got fixed when i still had my warranty was a window motor... yeah and i do my own tune-ups with better parts for half the price...

·
Registered
740 Posts
also.. if you have to get something fixed under warranty, they have to be able to PROVE that what you did to your car yourself had a direct affect on whatever is broken...

·
Banned
1,952 Posts
you are all assuming she knows how to do all these things.

Something you should consider is spark plugs not being an everyday thing everyone knows how to change.

In general, a tech that works at the dealership probably does a more thorough inspection on the car than you can as an enthusiast.

·
Registered
5,783 Posts
In general, a tech that works at the dealership probably does a more thorough inspection on the car than you can as an enthusiast.
Personal experience ... I doubt that.

·
Registered
740 Posts
lol^ agreed..
and last time i brought my car to the dealership... it came out with black grease all over it that took me forever to get off even on one of my seats!!!
no thanks =]
and if she doesnt know how to do it.. she should learn. shes a car enthusiast so she should want to learn how to do these things.. no offense matrixgirl, im not ragging on you im just expressing my opinions in general.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Personal experience ... I doubt that.
Im thinking it all depends on the reputation/experience of the dealership and tech working on the vehicle...

ive personaly watched techs at my work and i can say that they ALL do great work, and pay attention to all the little details

·
Banned
1,952 Posts
Im thinking it all depends on the reputation/experience of the dealership and tech working on the vehicle...

ive personaly watched techs at my work and i can say that they ALL do great work, and pay attention to all the little details

I feel the same way. I had some problems with my sensors once and took it in to my local dealership. The tech that talked to me really knew his **** and really took good care of me. To top it all off they threw a couple bucks off my bill just because I chatted with them about cars for a little.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts