Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey,
I just got a blue 2004 Tiburon GT and I'm loving it so far.

But I don't know anything about cars and I have some questions.
I want to modify it and I've already looked around the forums a bit but still don't know a few things.

Is getting an ARK Dual exhaust worth it? What exactly does it do besides make the car sound better? Does a new exhaust add whp?
I've seen I/H/E a few times. What exactly is this? I'm thinking Intake/Headers/Exhaust...

Will engine modifications void warranty? How will some modifications effect gas mileage?

Sorry, I'm sure you've seen some of these questions before..
Thanks in advance.

Proud owner of a Shark!

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
welcome to the site. all those questions can be answered by asking /k/ member. they are more than helpful and truly the nicest people on the forum, but dont be afraid to use the search button!

get your post count up and post up some pics!

·
Registered
757 Posts
yea welcome to NT man, this site is amazing, friendly people and all the help you'll need.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
hey, welcome to the site! ask any question you want! search will usually only bring back some vaguely related topic that you were looking for. Feel free to make a thread about what you are wondering and someone will promptly help you out!

enjoy!

·
Registered
750 Posts
Welcome to the forum. What color blue is it?

·
Registered
827 Posts
I'll help you out. I have Ark dual exhaust and I couldn't have bought a better exhaust. It makes the car sound better, adds horsepower, and a bit of gas mileage.

You are correct, I/H/E means Intake/Headers/Exhaust.

As far as I know, Intake and exhaust wont void the warranty but headers will.

I/H/E/P/SC will improve gas mileage because it makes the engine more efficient by not working as hard to follow the throttle input.

Enjoy your tib and i hope I helped you out a bit.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
I'll help you out. I have Ark dual exhaust and I couldn't have bought a better exhaust. It makes the car sound better, adds horsepower, and a bit of gas mileage.

You are correct, I/H/E means Intake/Headers/Exhaust.

As far as I know, Intake and exhaust wont void the warranty but headers will.

I/H/E/P/SC will improve gas mileage because it makes the engine more efficient by not working as hard to follow the throttle input.

Enjoy your tib and i hope I helped you out a bit.
if he wasnt sure about I/H/E ....... what makes you think he'll know what I/H/E/P/SC is?...:3_confuse

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
I would not say it will increase mileage, but it can. I'm completely convinced that it's not what you drive but how you drive it that makes all the difference. I've heard plenty of people complaining about the Tib only getting 17mpg (or similar) but it's because they don't know how to drive (gunning the throttle, braking late at stoplights, etc etc). Over the 35k miles I've had my Tib I've averaged 26mpg (and I know because I've kept track, not just guessing)

As for the exhaust, I love the SSA--high quality, good fitment, not overly loud (can use silencers too if you want it almost stock sounding), and it cost about half the price of any other brand out there (except maybe OBX, which I've heard a lot of complaints about)

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
hey, welcome to the site! ask any question you want! search will usually only bring back some vaguely related topic that you were looking for. Feel free to make a thread about what you are wondering and someone will promptly help you out!

enjoy!
youre so silly!

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
The best thing to gain hp on our cars is intake... (when talking about simple boltons)
Intake is 10whp gain, exhaust is 4-5whp gain.

Ark exhaust does sound good but it is too much money for me ... i have SSA exhaust --> ebay exhaust and it sounds good and is good quality, same hp gain but cost only $220. It is a bit louder, but not rice at all.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey thanks for all the polite welcomes and the information
I think the first engine mod I'm going to do is get an SRI intake.
It rains enough here for me not to want CAI.

Does the intake change the sound much or just slight improvement in performance?

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Hey thanks for all the polite welcomes and the information
I think the first engine mod I'm going to do is get an SRI intake.
It rains enough here for me not to want CAI.

Does the intake change the sound much or just slight improvement in performance?
Let me add another welcome.

An Injen SRI was my first modification. It does sound a bit different. It will make the car sound a little louder when accelerating. It will make the car "growl" a bit. (that's the best way I can put it)

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
yeah it makes a pretty significant change in the sound of the engine.

ill warn you now, DO NOT buy and AEM SRI, as it is only a filter put onto your stock pipe.

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
Let me add another welcome.

An Injen SRI was my first modification. It does sound a bit different. It will make the car sound a little louder when accelerating. It will make the car "growl" a bit. (that's the best way I can put it)
+1. thats the very first thing i noticed when i installed my injen sri. damn amazing.

yeah it makes a pretty significant change in the sound of the engine.

ill warn you now, DO NOT buy and AEM SRI, as it is only a filter put onto your stock pipe.
although, if you are looking to get AEM, the full CAI is more worthy of bring under the hood.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm leading towards an Injen SRI right now, judging from the many positive comments I've read on these forums so far.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Easy even for someone with no car knowledge?
And I suppose I should get a new exhaust after the intake?
I'm not going to get headers. I don't want to risk voiding warranty.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Well I just got finished putting my SSA headers off of ebay and it sounds amazing, And if I were you i would go with an Intake first. Injen SRI would be my best bet, you kinda get the best of both worlds, long enough to not get heat soaked, and short enough to not get any water in it

here's how she sounds

1 - 20 of 24 Posts