Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, i have a 13inch floor jack and some jack stands. i first tried jacking the car up from the rear in the center, at the cross member that the rear suspension arms bolt on to. and the cars wheels were barely off the ground. should i jack up the front right, and but the first piece that bolt to the cat, and then jack the rear up and but the final pieces on? ne tips would be great, cause right now i can barely get under the car.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
try putting some wood in the center of the jack to get it a little higher and put your jackstands under it.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tried that, didnt work, felt unstable, and the creaking made me nervous

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Not even enuff to get the jackstands under it? Well, I guess it's time for a bigger jack my friend...or call up a buddy that has a lift.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
yep tow hook, thats how i jack up front or back

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
You may won't to check and make sure your jack is full on fluid, sounds like it is low and your coming up short of the overall hieght!

·
Banned
3,074 Posts
Is there anyone ya can bribe with a 12 pack to use a lift, Jeeeezus you guys got motivation from hell, I used my hoist (bein a mechanic and stuff) and even that was a pain in the azzz. I mean reachin for the bolts near the alternator to remove the exhaust was no picnic, I cant even imagine doin that on the ground without wantin to go out and killin me a Korean (LOL juz kiddin). :3_frusty:

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
got a friend with ramps! so ill be fine, only thing is I cant install it till sunday, cause i work 930-630 wed-sat. (just finished fall semester). do you think i could have caused damage where i originally jacked the car up, it is about two feet in front of the tow hook, it was a solid flat plate in the center inbetween the suspension arms, and everything seems fine, no signs of damage or nething, im just a paranoid person, especially when it come to my car.

·
Banned
3,074 Posts
Yeah, I dont think so either , ya probably had it on the subframe , and yer not gonna bend that up anytime soon :3_nosthum

1 - 13 of 13 Posts