Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to modding my car. The most I've ever focused on is my stereo and getting my windows tinted. I joined this website over a year ago and I guess I've just been pre-occupied with other things.

I've recently gained extreme interest in "pimping" my ride. Not too worried about any engine enhancements as I'm more focused on aesthetics, I am not about racing or speed....hence why I have a tiburon and not something fast lol the tiburon is a sexy car and I am sure we can all agree to that.

Anyways, I was seeing who is out around this area and who's got their tibs "pimped" out.
I also frequent medicine hat, and Edmonton. I've got over 80,000 km on my tib after all lol

It's time to get my *** into a hobby and it interests me to be able to modify my car by myself and to have others out there to share the enjoyment with me. After all, my '08 tiburon is pretty much stock other than my sound system, tint, and viper security system

And yes I am aware of the Edmonton thread, but I figured I'd introduce myself via my own thread.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Sounds good man! Im from Fort Mac but I am in Edmonton quite often. Im in Edmonton actually the weekend coming up and again at the end of the month.

If your interested in purely asthetics, (Like I am as well right now) I would suggest checking out the vendors on here. Diode Dynamics and Acrylic Conceptions have some fantastic products for our cars that are cheap and will do wonders. Some people have the occasional shipping issues from Diode Dynamics, but I've ordered from them twice and have no problems. They deal mostly with interior and exterior lighting, and AC has alot of sweet interior pieces that are really nifty and customizable.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I ordered some LEDs from Diode Dynamics already a few days ago. Haven't gotten the packages yet. I also ordered lightning eyes and a high beam/low beam, and fog light hid conversion kit from carid.com. That should be arriving tomorrow and the lightning eyes on Thursday. Excited to install it all but I am working near grande cache right now for a few days so hopefully I'll get to install it all before I get sent out on a 3 week work binge lol

·
Registered
42 Posts
I ordered some LEDs from Diode Dynamics already a few days ago. Haven't gotten the packages yet. I also ordered lightning eyes and a high beam/low beam, and fog light hid conversion kit from carid.com. That should be arriving tomorrow and the lightning eyes on Thursday. Excited to install it all but I am working near grande cache right now for a few days so hopefully I'll get to install it all before I get sent out on a 3 week work binge lol
Come and join us on the edmonton thread there are several of us who have done both asthetic and performance mods to our cars...mine is a 2008 in black lowered big brake kit all around tinted ..HID ..interior ..stereo and a ton of other stuff
[/IMG]

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will but I figured I'd get myself noticed with my own thread first. I think they should just make an Edmonton forum or sub forum.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I will but I figured I'd get myself noticed with my own thread first. I think they should just make an Edmonton forum or sub forum.
completey understand we started the edmonton thread and believe it or not the entire thread is consistant of really about 5 guys having a very long running discussion. lol
I joined in in 2008 and have really enjoyed the help i have got from the guys on the forum.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Car looks nice! Welcome to the forum, even though we've been talking in the audio section. :)
Hey are you following me around?!? Haha jk are you from this area as well ?

As for the compliment on my car, thanks, I cleaned it up quite a bit since those pics. I've been having to hold my tools and dirty work gear in my car so I have that ugly sheet in the back seat lol and its hard to keep the carpets clean with the messed up weather we've been getting.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
completey understand we started the edmonton thread and believe it or not the entire thread is consistant of really about 5 guys having a very long running discussion. lol
I joined in in 2008 and have really enjoyed the help i have got from the guys on the forum.
Yeah I'm looking forward to doing more with my car. I bought it a little over 2 years ago and registered to this forum a year ago but for some reason I hadn't gotten into modding it. Ive just had what you see in the pics.
Just recently purchased a full hid convsion kit and some lightning eyes. They are finally at home but I don't get home until Friday so I'll install them and get pics up! I've never installed lights or anything before either, so I am pumped to **** to get these in by myself.

·
Registered
163 Posts
By "lightning eyes", do you mean Angel Eyes? Lol.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Ya we're around to help if you have any questions! Just ask! I don't know much about electronics or stereo stuff as much, but if you have performance questions, I'm sure I could help with that. I know you mentioned you're more on the looks thing right now, but things can change ;) Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
By "lightning eyes", do you mean Angel Eyes? Lol.
Nope, lightning eyes.
It's a 19" LED strip that I am going to follow along the top of my headlights. It'll make my tib look pissed off when it's coming towards you hahah. They are light blue LEDs.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ya we're around to help if you have any questions! Just ask! I don't know much about electronics or stereo stuff as much, but if you have performance questions, I'm sure I could help with that. I know you mentioned you're more on the looks thing right now, but things can change ;) Welcome to the forum!
Yeah eventually I'll want to do SOME work in that field but I'm not going to pretend my tiburon is fast because I'll really have to dump money into it. Probably modifications such as a cold air intake, new spark plugs and whatever else that's basic and will give it a little more get up and go just for my own pleasure when I feel like getting heavy on the pedal. And potential fuel economy enhancements.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'm new to modding my car. The most I've ever focused on is my stereo and getting my windows tinted. I joined this website over a year ago and I guess I've just been pre-occupied with other things.

I've recently gained extreme interest in "pimping" my ride. Not too worried about any engine enhancements as I'm more focused on aesthetics, I am not about racing or speed....hence why I have a tiburon and not something fast lol the tiburon is a sexy car and I am sure we can all agree to that.

Anyways, I was seeing who is out around this area and who's got their tibs "pimped" out.
I also frequent medicine hat, and Edmonton. I've got over 80,000 km on my tib after all lol

It's time to get my *** into a hobby and it interests me to be able to modify my car by myself and to have others out there to share the enjoyment with me. After all, my '08 tiburon is pretty much stock other than my sound system, tint, and viper security system

And yes I am aware of the Edmonton thread, but I figured I'd introduce myself via my own thread.
Where abouts are you in red deer i think i drove by your house today i live in morrisrow.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts