Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My brother is buying my Tiburon and is about to hand over $800 for a set of 19's with the same bolt pattern and with tires.

A great deal in itself, but will he need to do anything else if he upgrades to 19's?

Thanks guys. I dont want my brother finding out the hard way.

PS. the rims are 19 inch PES rims, 3 piece forged black with chrome lip. Pretty sexy rims if they fit. Just a tad too big for me though.

EDIT: FOR SALE!!!!! $700 PM ME.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The bolt pattern is 5x114. Im pretty sure they will fit. I was just making sure they wouldnt rub or anything.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Im just alittle worried because the car the rims came off of was a 4wd 99 Twin Turbo V6 Stealth, they were some pretty meaty tires. I guess Ill help my brother test fit them tonight and we'll have to test em out, Ill take some pics tongiht then.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
must have a tire size and a wheel width and offset. being 19" is nothing special in and of itself. as the wheels get larger in diameter the tire just gets smaller, nothing different. you need to know the tire size though. my 19's are 19x8 +45 with 235-35-19 tires. the setup i have is basically as big as you can go without doing modifications. you could go with a wider wheel, or a lower offset, but you will have to roll the fenders. if the tires are bigger than the ones i listed there is a good chance the wheels wont even be able to turn inside the wheel well, it would hit the plastic.

·
Pete: The Man
5,916 Posts
Even when you went riding after that pic of yourself? Maybe if I came and hopped my purple fat butt in there it would scrape, lmao.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
oh snap...so 19x8's will fit on a lowered car!?

·
Registered
4,614 Posts
Mine are 19x7.5 with a 45mm offset. Lowered nearly 2" and I only rub the inner fender on hard turns. They will fit depending on the offset of the rim and the size of the tires on them.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
thread hijacker here

but 05GT, do you have larger pics of your car? i'm tryin to decide if i want 18's or 19's, and i hadnt been lookin since I thought it would be too much trouble...but now that im finding out that it isnt. well you get the idea/

·
Registered
4,614 Posts

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I wouldn't recommend 19's unless you're dropped or have a body kit...not unless you want your car to sit ackwardly high off the ground.

·
Registered
987 Posts
I wouldn't recommend 19's unless you're dropped or have a body kit...not unless you want your car to sit ackwardly high off the ground.

actually the motegis that you bought from me with the tires are the same height as the stock 16" and tire that came on mine in '03...it balances out because the tire is so much smaller...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.