Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got my sniper and billet front mount coming. looking at gauges now, i'm thinking about getting an ati epod and then a defi boost gauge, should i get an oil psi gauge or a wideband o2 gauge for the second slot? i'm not worried about tuning or anything, just want to make sure my cars running safe

·
Registered
894 Posts
dude to be honest u need to tune. It is the only way for ur car to truely run safe!!!

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
This is awesome!! Congrats on your Sniper.

·
Registered
4,614 Posts
Get the boost guage and a fuel pressure guage. I have those two plus the innovate LC-1 wideband with a key sized a/f guage from dynotune.

Once you see your a/f ratio, you'll understand why people are telling you to tune.

I'm N/A right now with I/H/E and I'm crazy rich...

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I'm still using the stock fpr don't think he will need an aftermarket just yet.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
UMM your not gonna need injectors.

Lost what do you call lean at 4psi?

·
Banned
2,706 Posts
14-15 af ratio. People consider that lean for boost, but it doesnt matter in this case because of the low stock boost level.

I know he doesnt need injectors. Josh got them on his setup because Im sure he's planning on uping the boost on his setup.

Im just saying he would need some sort of fuel enhancer if he want to tune his setup down to a mid 12-13 af ratio.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
With the sniper he'll be closer to a 14-15 AF ratio, not rich. Still safe, but would be good to tune
Hello,

The factory injectors and no tune is plenty safe for the Sniper. Adding my FPR and mafterburner will give you tunability. The problem I have seen with a couple guys running in the 14's A/F is that they have the FPR vacuum hose in the wrong spot. You need to run the FPR vacuum hose to one of the 1/8 inch pipe thread vacuum ports on the manifold. You have to have boost pressure going to the regulator and just watch the A/F fatten up. Josh and Jason both had them hooked up to the wrong side of the manifold.

Thanks T.C.

·
Banned
2,706 Posts
Hello,

The factory injectors and no tune is plenty safe for the Sniper. Adding my FPR and mafterburner will give you tunability. The problem I have seen with a couple guys running in the 14's A/F is that they have the FPR vacuum hose in the wrong spot. You need to run the FPR vacuum hose to one of the 1/8 inch pipe thread vacuum ports on the manifold. You have to have boost pressure going to the regulator and just watch the A/F fatten up. Josh and Jason both had them hooked up to the wrong side of the manifold.

Thanks T.C.
Good advice for reference. Thanks. I think what I was trying to originally sy didnt come out right. My bad

·
Registered
492 Posts
just some advice: the defi gauges are a pita in my opinion. you have to get a central control unit for them, or at least the ones ive seen.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.