Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seriously cant handle their bullshyt anymore.

I was having the window motors replaced because mine have both recently decided to crap out on me. Wellllllllll, while my car was at Ciocca getting the window motors replace they Accidently ruined my window tint. It looks like a 4 year old went to town on my tint with a flat head.

No big deal, I made the service tech note the damage and thats that. I call around and get estimates on window tint and come back to them when my next oil change was due. Of course the Service Manager decides that $100 to have old window tint taken off and new put on is too much.

"First of all, its not my responsibility to replace after market tint if its damaged in my shop."

To which I responded "I called Lehigh Valley Hyundai and they said its policy to not have cars leave in worse shape than when they rolled into the shop."

So then he agreed to have their resident window tint guy from 3 blocks up the street run do and give an estimate. So then I let them keep my car for 5 days, without a single call from them. I call them up and they tell me "The tint guy was a no-show for 5 days." I need my car back so I pick it up and let the tint go until my next oil change. I dropped the car off last tuesday morning and told the manager "You keep this car until the tint is done. I dont need it back for weeks."

So the manager says to me "We dont want that thing sitting here that long."

So I said "I refuse to pick it up until the tint is fixed, I dont want that thing sitting in my driveway until its like it was before I dropped it off here 4 months ago."

Then I left. Later on Wednesday night I get a call from them. "Hi, this is XXXXX from Ciocca Hyundai, we ran into alittle problem."

"What kind of problem?" I asked

"Well we seem to have popped two of your tires"

This is when I lost my cool.

"I parked the car right outside the service doors. You guys popped two BRAND NEW tires driving the car 25 feet? Let me guess, you guys have to order parts right?"

"Yes sir"

"And it'll be a couple of weeks because of the christmas season right?"

"Yes sir"

"Fine, do whatever you have to, I want that window done and those tires fixed before Ill pick it up. I need to come down and pick up all of the presents which are in my trunk because I was told I would have the car back by the end of the week. I work at the hospital and dont have any time off until Saturday night"

"Thats fine, we are open until 6pm on Saturdays"

Guess where I just came from, FUKING CIOCCA HYUNDAI. I went there on my lunch break, raced there in my dads mini vanand got there at 5:40pm. The service department was closed but sales was open and of course no one there had keys to get into the service bay so I can get all of my Christmas Presents out of my trunk. I figured I was being smart keeping my presents in my car since the family is BIG on snooping for presents. Guess not.

I cant believe these *******s. They have officially ruined christmas for my family.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Re: Just thought I would share how Ciocca Hyundai ruined my Christmas, are you sitting?

wow man that sucks, people dont care anymore.
I bet breaking in crossed your mind, but I would think its better not to be in jail for xmas.
Call some rep at the place and tell them your story maybe they can do something good for you.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Just thought I would share how Ciocca Hyundai ruined my Christmas, are you sitting?

^Thats the problem, I have been dealing with the manager, they're closed tomorrow and monday, Im leaving for Fla. on xmas night at 7pm. My family wont get their gifts till 2007!

·
Registered
3,698 Posts

wow. thats truly BS. sounds like you need a new dealer!
there are 2 people i trust to work on my car by themselves, everybody else i stand where i can see what theyre doing. and none of them work at a dealer, lol. i brought my car there once for a cel and the "tech" basically just sat there and revved the piss out of it in the work bay and told me he didnt know what was wrong, but he wanted to take it for a ride.. i bet he did.. ive never been back to that dealer...

·
Registered
6,003 Posts

this is somethign you need to bring to coporate's attention....

·
Registered
259 Posts

Not to be a dick, but you could have taken it to the tint shop yourself and had your problem fixed in an hour. A hundred bucks isn't worth not having your car for a week or all the BS the dealer puts you through.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

MC412 said:
Not to be a dick, but you could have taken it to the tint shop yourself and had your problem fixed in an hour. A hundred bucks isn't worth not having your car for a week or all the BS the dealer puts you through.

But its the principle of it. I cant stand people thinking they can shaft the little guy, I can wait them out on this one. Worst comes to worst, Ill call the District Attorneys Consumer Fraud office.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts

ya im with him on the principle of it. i had a simialer thing happen to my car when i bought it..... we waited it out i ended up with 2 new rims, a new tranny, clutch, flywheel and $1500 back...u stick to it and the dealer gets wut they deserve

·
Registered
66 Posts

that's complete crap... whoa they should take responsability for their damages. what fruitcakes.

they did something similar to my sister's tiburon. she had the sunroof motor repaired and when we got the car back they forgot to put the bottom panel of the sunroof back on so it's just bare metal. they also scratched up the paint really bad on the top. how hard is it not to scratch a sunroof when taking it off?

that's bullcrap man... they should definitely fix that. if they don't you could possibly press charges. they damaged your damn car they should fix it. if the car came back with a dent in it they should fix that. how the hell did they blow your tires? someone probably slashed them who works there...

·
Registered
1,045 Posts

You were willing to leave important stuff in a car's trunk that would be left in a dealer's service dept. lot for a week? Even if that lot was under lock and key I wouldn't trust the dealer's staff and mechanics to not go snooping and stealing.

·
Registered
292 Posts

Yeah...I don't leave jack in my car if I'm bringing it to the dealerships. Those migrant workers they have working in the install bays are too shifty and devious little bastards.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts