Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1901 - 1914 of 1914 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Need help . I don't know what to do? I bought 19 inch wheels with low pro file tires 215 35 19. For my 04 tibby. Problem is, I bought them not thinking about lowering it like an idiot. But I want to. How low can I lower it if I can without rubbing . The wheels are 8 inches wide with an offset of 35 mm. I don't mind rolling the fenders if need be. Any help is appreciated.
Search.. Performance>Wheels, tires, suspension>multiple threads on here that will tell you whether or not your Tib will rub.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Any kdm tibs that are running 11-12 wide wheels (or more) that is stanced on flares? Looked through every single page. Looking to see what I'm competing against haha

I think Gabriel is only running 9s but he is running fender flares with modified fenders and liners. @GK27V6

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
957 Posts
I think Gabriel is only running 9s but he is running fender flares with modified fenders and liners. @GK27V6

I've seen his before. I'm running 2.5" flares (not made for the tib) and 18x12's rear 18x10 front. Just waiting for parts to come in. Just thought id look around for some examples.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
I've seen his before. I'm running 2.5" flares (not made for the tib) and 18x12's rear 18x10 front. Just waiting for parts to come in. Just thought id look around for some examples.

Yeah I saw your post in regards to the new wheels. That's going to be crazy!

Just from my knowledge I haven't seen much done in regards to fender flares aside from the select wide body tiburon which even then doesn't run that wide of setup. GK is the only one I know of to run flares with cut fenders. I've been through every page of this thread in the past but can't really remember seeing anything with flares that actually runs a very aggressive setup.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Yeah I saw your post in regards to the new wheels. That's going to be crazy!

Just from my knowledge I haven't seen much done in regards to fender flares aside from the select wide body tiburon which even then doesn't run that wide of setup. GK is the only one I know of to run flares with cut fenders. I've been through every page of this thread in the past but can't really remember seeing anything with flares that actually runs a very aggressive setup.

I'm pretty nervous to cut out the fenders, but I've had the urge lately to go with a very agressive stance setup on flares and do what no one has ever done (in North America at least). On the fb Tiburon group a guy told me that a few Koreans are running 13" wide wheels. I'm quite skeptical, but it is possible I guess.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I live in Korea, and I can say with certainty that you are not going to find that type of setup on a Tib here. Korea is not a DIY culture (rolling and pulling fenders, cutting fenders, adding sheetmetal, etc.), and most will only use spacers and coilovers to achieve a "flush" look...that is, if they haven't switched over to a Genesis Coupe, Kia Forte Koup, Hyundai i30, Hyundai Veloster, Hyundai Sonata, or Kia K5 (Optima) already.

Trust me when I say that those with Tibs outside of Korea are pushing the Tib scene further than anything happening in Korea, especially with respect to the Elisa (Delta V6).

1901 - 1914 of 1914 Posts