Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im curious to see how many of u r planing to keep the tib forever, or do u plan on selling in a few months or years and moving on.

as for me i plan on keeping it forever and as soon as i pay it off, i will get a different car to play with

·
Banned
1,800 Posts
Forever, no. Mine is already paid off but I will keep it a few years more. I want to see what comes out in the future (Camaro, Challenger, something not even seen yet) before I trade it in. If I wait long enough, maybe my daughter will want it to learn how to drive in.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
trading soon hopefully. at one time i did want to keep it forever but its to small and mpg suck to much. I'm 6'5" 250 lbs leaving no room for people in the backseat. I need something bigger, like either a 4 door car or small SUV. Im even looking at used SRT-4's. they are rated at better mpg and much bigger than the tib

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
I'm not sure yet, but i'll probably keep it forever and once i have it paid off i'll go buy a new car

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well im glad theres 2 people in here who plan to keep it forever, just think in 20 years, it will be a classic, ha, i know my son who was born a week ago will be driving this car once he gets older, although he may think its a piece of junk compared to all the new cars in 18 years from now

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i really been looking into getting a supra, theres a private seller thats local here who is selling his for $50 grand 1994 twin turbo with 45,000 miles

·
Registered
556 Posts
I'll be keeping mine for another year or 2 then trading it in for something new.

·
Registered
653 Posts
For what it is the Tiburon is a very nice car. Great looks, nice interior (at least compared to everything I’ve owned before) and it performs very nicely compared to the other cars in its’ class. But, and feel free to flame me on this, it’s still an underpowered FWD economy coupe, and I plan on upgrading to something that, to me, speaks more to the enthusiast in me. A Mustang if my finances stay exactly as they are now, or a STI/EVO MR or whatever other car captures my attention if my plans go well and my financial future improves.

Again, nothing against the Tiburon, it’s a great little car that gets me where I’m going and allows me some opportunities to modify/personalize it in the mean time and wring a little more potential out of it’s 2.7L engine, but as a performance-uber-alles kind of guy, I need a powerful RWD/AWD platform if I’m going to invest the time, effort, and money that a “forever” car takes. But in the mean time my plan is to hold onto the Tiburon for maybe another 2-3 years, mod it so that it’s sitting in the 280-300 crank HP range (gotta keep the daily commute interesting), and then trade in at that point.

·
EL NINJA MODERADOR
8,737 Posts
i really been looking into getting a supra, theres a private seller thats local here who is selling his for $50 grand 1994 twin turbo with 45,000 miles

Too pricey dude at least 98 for that price or if is a '94 has to have 800whp ta least :D

==========

And No i hope that my Tibu GTFO of my life really soon

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
I've been a Hyundai Tiburon fan since the I bought my '97 in 2001 and so far every car i've owned since has been a Tiburon.

Sold the '97 and bought a silver 2003 GTV6 6spd, modded and modded, traded it in for a Red 2004 SE 6spd and transfered the mods and modded some more.

Ah like Fixer, I just love this car too much. (especially the exhaust note!!!! yes so sexy).

If I do buy another car it'll be whatever Hyundai comes out with to replace the Tiburon with which will hopefully be a more competitive RWD enthusiast friendly BEAST.

Doesn't matter if I get married and have 20 kids. Tiburons will always be a part of my life and I will forever own one.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.