Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, need some of your help again. So my key fob has never worked since I bought the car, I thought it was the battery because I would hit one of the buttons it would blink red, so I put a new battery in it and it does the same thing...... any clue???

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok well I was also thinking of getting an aftermarket alarm system like a viper or something, I don't want to spend more than $250 but that might not be available either because I have not priced alarm systems yet.... any opinions on what I should think about getting as far as alarm systems go? I don't need an electric start but if its not that big of a price difference ill go for it, if it is possible in a manual.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Ok well I was also thinking of getting an aftermarket alarm system like a viper or something, I don't want to spend more than $250 but that might not be available either because I have not priced alarm systems yet.... any opinions on what I should think about getting as far as alarm systems go? I don't need an electric start but if its not that big of a price difference ill go for it, if it is possible in a manual.
it i s possible in manuals, i have seen it. peronally i wouldnt do it tho. i dont like the stock fob, and mine only locks and unlocks the passenger side. im just gonna get a new system. you would probably pay extra (more than an auto remote start) to get remote start for the manual.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya like I sai it I don't need it but if I end up getting one and it is like less than $50 more ill probably just get it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Have you tried linking it with the car?
Get in the car, with all doors closed and locked.
Put key in ignition, turn to acc
Push the unlock button on the fob, and your car blinkers should flash, meaning the fob and car are now paired.
Take key out of ignition, and disarm the system on the fob so that your alarm doesnt go off when you try exiting the car

Worked for me

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Push the unlock button on the fob, and your car blinkers should flash, meaning the fob and car are now paired.
Take key out of ignition, and disarm the system on the fob so that your alarm doesnt go off when you try exiting the car

Worked for me
try what he says.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Me and TTToeknee both Compustar remote starts in our cars. Both 2003 manuals. His is a 5spd and mine is the 6spd. I do believe it is a bit more for manual than it is for automatic. I think mine cost me like 350 but was extra because I got the 2-way remote which was an add on. It is do able but little more of a pain on a manual.

·
Registered
136 Posts
have u looked to see if one of the connections to the battery is broken, mine did that and would only work sometimes until i figured it out and sodered it back together then the other side broke and i had to do the same to it

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Worked for me
Tried that, doesnt work.

·
Registered
261 Posts
If you do get an aftermarket, I would try to avoid the remote start. Simply reason being your budget. Installation of a remote start isn't nearly as simple as a keyless entry system with alarm. If you have it done professionally, the cost of installation of a remote start may be more than the cost of the system itself.

I don't know for sure, but I would call a few locksmiths to see if they can pair your fob to your car for you. I imagine they could do it for much less. On the other hand, it might require a Hi-Scan and you may be stuck with the stealership.

·
Registered
48 Posts
There's a procedure to perform to reinitialise the key fob, it is in the user manual :

Install a new battery within 30 seconds after
removing the old one. If installing a new
battery takes more than 30 seconds, take
the following steps.
1) Turn the ignition key to the "ACC" posi-
tion.
2) Make sure that the turn signal lamps
blink once by pushing the "LOCK" or
"UNLOCK" button on the transmitter.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No I tried all of that, nothing is working. My buddies dad owns his own locksmith company so ill try him but newtibowner2011 said it needed to be done by a dealership, but once my truck sells ill just go buy an aftermarket if it doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

·
Registered
547 Posts
A locksmith should be able to do that. I am dealing with the same issue with my Chrysler Cirrus right now.... Called around and the locksmiths quoted me a lot cheaper than dealer (Figure that). Call around and see, they should be able to do it.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
A locksmith should be able to do that. I am dealing with the same issue with my Chrysler Cirrus right now.... Called around and the locksmiths quoted me a lot cheaper than dealer (Figure that). Call around and see, they should be able to do it.
Awesome, thanks man.

·
Registered
425 Posts
mine randomly stops working sometimes, i just put it in the ignition, turn to on, and press lock and unlock together, both directional lights flash, and key fob works again.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
mine randomly stops working sometimes, i just put it in the ignition, turn to on, and press lock and unlock together, both directional lights flash, and key fob works again.
OH! I didn't know it was unlock and lock at the same time :facepalm: I'll go try that at the @ss crack of dawn.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm a brand new Tiburon owner, I also have an 03 GT, would love to see mods you made if any.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts