Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i live in nc, southern states imports told me that to reprogram my keyless entry would be $193!!
the battery started getting weak in it so i replaced it. well i guess the hyun. keyfobs aren't like every other one in the world that gives you time to replace the batt.

doesn't $193 sound pretty steep??

-josh

btw 04 gt 6spd

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
lol,

can you say aftermarket alarm system?

i've heard that some dealerships in the US do it for free...

over here they wanted to charge me the hourly rate, which is about $40. That was already too much for me for a ****ing 5 minute job

·
Registered
938 Posts
Screw that. I would go around and find one to do it for free...at most like $20.00. You didnt get a second pad with your car?

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
You don't have to do any of that. Just put the key in the ignition, turn it to ACC and press lock and then unlock, and it will reprogram itself to the car. If it works, the parking lights should flash, and the locks should unlock and lock, if I remember correctly. I did the same stuff to mine when I changed my battery, and then I read through the manual, and that is what it said to do on my 03 Tib, try that first before you go and blow money! Someone should sticky the Key FOB reprogram, this is like the 10th time I have posted it, and I even made a thread about how to do it a long time ago! Oh well!

Reactions: johnnyo

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
kartunez said:
You don't have to do any of that. Just put the key in the ignition, turn it to ACC and press lock and then unlock, and it will reprogram itself to the car. If it works, the parking lights should flash, and the locks should unlock and lock, if I remember correctly. I did the same stuff to mine when I changed my battery, and then I read through the manual, and that is what it said to do on my 03 Tib, try that first before you go and blow money! Someone should sticky the Key FOB reprogram, this is like the 10th time I have posted it, and I even made a thread about how to do it a long time ago! Oh well!
would that work with someone else's remote? as in, not your original remote....

·
Retired Staff | Track Rat
9,528 Posts
kartunez said:
That does not work in Canadian Tiburons, or any other version that has an immobilizer.

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Gamz said:
That does not work in Canadian Tiburons, or any other version that has an immobilizer.
damn candhams

go to a VERY BUSY DEALERSHIP... go to the service desk and say... u had work done there and now your remote doesn't work... they will do it for free!

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Gamz said:
Well he is not in Canada, and mine has the immobilizer and it worked. When my key FOB quit working, it would not let the car start. As soon as I did that trick, it made the FOB work again, and I was able to start the car, go figure! :3_nosthum

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Did you get this fixed?

·
Registered
36 Posts
kartunez said:
Thanks I was having the same problem. Now I just put it in and the lights flashed. Doesn't flash when I lock the doors but they are still locked. And I get the flash when I unlock em. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
i just dropped mine yesterday...and i brought my remote to have it reprogrammed, and the guy was like you'll have to pay, and i was like thats ******** for a 5 second job, so i told them to talk to the manager of Dean Team and he did it himself took 5 seconds for the reprogramming, that they were going to charge me $40

·
Registered
169 Posts
HEY this works!!!!!!!!!!! thanks

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Glad to see this is still getting used! I am just curious why the Northern Tibs are not able to work! I know it is suppose to be because of the immoblizer, but my car has one and it does work. Is the Canadian version different? :3_confuse

·
Banned
1,800 Posts
Nope, doesn't work. This is on a US-spec 2004 GT.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks for the info bud, got two key fobs both had dead batts.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.