Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was heading north on a road at 35 mph and a southbound car took a left right in front of me. This is the result. From what I am told, there is a good chance this will be totaled.

And the other guy!

·
Registered
111 Posts
hmmm.. to me it doesn't look like a total loss.. but then again who knows what it looks like from down under, if there is any frame damage and what not.. also it doesn't appear that an air bag deflated..

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tibo989 said:
hmmm.. to me it doesn't look like a total loss.. but then again who knows what it looks like from down under, if there is any frame damage and what not.. also it doesn't appear that an air bag deflated..
Both airbags went off but I didn't need them. The car took all of the shock. I didn't get a picture of it but the driver door sticks out about 1/4 inch when closed now. I'm pretty sure the frame is tweaked.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Ehhh that will buff right out ;-) I hope your ok man hate to see someone get hurt :-(

·
Registered
111 Posts
JENGA said:
Both airbags went off but I didn't need them. The car took all of the shock. I didn't get a picture of it but the driver door sticks out about 1/4 inch when closed now. I'm pretty sure the frame is tweaked.
to me its kinda hard to tell from the pix if the air bags went off.. usually theres like way noticable windshield damage when they go off.. but now knowing that, most likely they're gonna total it..

·
Registered
91 Posts
damn dude that sucks!! and the same EXACT thing happened to me... but i was in my moms diamante, if u want to read about it, heres the link: http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86579&highlight=totalled and u can clearly see how little damage there is to the outside, but the frame was bent to **** and it was totaled... so sorry to say, but it looks like urs is going to be totaled. good luck man, and sorry to hear!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well if it is totaled, I have GAP coverage. I'll come out pretty well on the deal I think. I don't think I'll be getting another Tib though. My life and priorities have changed recently and I was actually planning on selling it in the spring so that I could get a truck. Maybe in the future I'll buy another one. Who knows....

·
Registered
533 Posts

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
glad to see ur ok, the car is material and can be replaced. If ur driver door is sticking out like that then yeah ur frame is twisted. Not to mention w/e lines and such got jacked up in ur engine bay. I would be surprised not to see it totalled. take off any of the parts u can and sell them though. Esp the fuel tuner and i hope u got that before u sent it off to a body shop or on a tow truck somewhere cause things seems to have the abilitly to up and walk away....

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Medic!!! tib down tib down... that sucks bro... atleast they could fix mine... best of luck to ya cause from the looks of it yeah it looks totaled the whole front end all bent up.... sorry

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The car was totaled after all. I was afraid that I wouldn't get enough to pay off the loan.... That was before the agent called me and told me I was getting a check for over $14000 for a stock 03 tib! AAA is a good insurance company. Look into it!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts