Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went in to get my key fob programmed, shop manager told me that "maybe" he could do it and it could cost $60 and to come back sometime after lunch and he "might" have time. Obviously I didn't.

Went back a couple weeks later with my dad and the same guy did it on the spot, only took about 30 seconds, and then acted all generous telling us "oh no charge, happy to do it."

Just shows you how some shops treat young people. Trying to charge me $60 for 5 minutes of his time and acting like he had way better things to do then help me. :3_fyou

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
did you need a new one?
otherwise if you just replace the battery, and it doesnt work, put your key in the ignition, turn it to ACC and hit unlock. it will resynch with the car.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
did you need a new one?
otherwise if you just replace the battery, and it doesnt work, put your key in the ignition, turn it to ACC and hit unlock. it will resynch with the car.
Yeah it was a new one I bought, I never got one with the car. I did try that, but you need a dealership to do the initial programming.

·
Registered
272 Posts
The same thing happens to me whenever I go to dealerships. Dont get me wrong I dont look like a 12 year old (Sorry AJD 4 ND :p) but more or less because I'm a woman... Whenever I go in there they hardly give me the time of day nor listen to what I have to say.. But when my friend goes in there acting like my "Boyfriend" he gets the job done. Its rediculous.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Went in to get my key fob programmed, shop manager told me that "maybe" he could do it and it could cost $60 and to come back sometime after lunch and he "might" have time. Obviously I didn't.

Went back a couple weeks later with my dad and the same guy did it on the spot, only took about 30 seconds, and then acted all generous telling us "oh no charge, happy to do it."

Just shows you how some shops treat young people. Trying to charge me $60 for 5 minutes of his time and acting like he had way better things to do then help me. :3_fyou
I'm gonna follow your posts just to see your epic avatar. lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts