Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its still Fuking amazing! lol

I love it more and more everyday. Its broken in and sounds deeper than ever. NOT RASPY.

Tips are alittle hazy but they clean right up with some mothers. Ill post some sound clips tomorrow :)

How about you other guys who bought?

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
nearly a year and counting.. no rust no problems whatso ever.. sounds amazing. the fit leaves something to be desired, but if you dont care about how your exhaust tips line up its absoloutley the best deal going.. mine are slightly crooked, but i didnt buy it for its looks anyhow...

does anybody have any idea of where these things actually came from? i have a theory that theyre actually factory "seconds" from greddy... theyre exactly the same besides the fitment and the greddy namplate on the mufflers..

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
alpinewhite said:
nearly a year and counting.. no rust no problems whatso ever.. sounds amazing. the fit leaves something to be desired, but if you dont care about how your exhaust tips line up its absoloutley the best deal going.. mine are slightly crooked, but i didnt buy it for its looks anyhow...

does anybody have any idea of where these things actually came from? i have a theory that theyre actually factory "seconds" from greddy... theyre exactly the same besides the fitment and the greddy namplate on the mufflers..
The seller had said that they were made in the same factory, and by the Yoshimira (sp?) company. Like they were welded on the table next to the Greddys, just weren't lazer etched lol..

I tried as I might but couldnt get the seller to admit they were factory seconds.

I personally love the rumble on down shift while going throug the tunnel into manhatten.

·
Registered
188 Posts
ive had mine for about 4 months, love the sound, ill be putting OBX headers on this month as well so hopefully it will sound really deep

·
Registered
631 Posts
this makes things hard deciding to get this, dc cat back or the injen. I am going with headers.

These arent seconds because then they wouldnt hanve the exact same defects every time. uhnless it was an inside job done really well.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK, took this sound clip beore work. Just listened to it and its not soo good.

The exhaust blowing against the digital recorder muffles the sound.

1 year later.

Uhhhh, how do you convert from .wav to something I can upload?

email me for sound clip.

[email protected]

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ohyaa69 said:
Hmm i've had mine for about a year to, and it does sound even better than I got it before, I actually just recently got to hear the exhaust while standing outside while someone else drove it, and I swear it has the same tone of a 350z or a G35.

Very true, it is very G35 sounding. A nice growl.

·
Registered
22 Posts
does the seller still have these on ebay? In the next month or so I wanna get one, as its a cheap alternative to other nice exhausts. How much would it cost to take it to a shop and have them fix fitting issues.....or could I possibly fix it myself without weld tools?

·
Registered
188 Posts
i fixed my fitment issues myself, however i did use a torch and had someone help me "bend" it for me being 16 at the time and having my 14 year old brother help me "bend" it id say you could install it yourself and save yourself the money

·
Registered
22 Posts
isnt there a problem with the bolts to the cat as well?

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yea, the holes in teh coupler arent big enough to run a bolt trough. Nothing a file and 15 minutes didnt take care of.

·
Registered
188 Posts
mine bolted right up to the cat, maybe they fixed this problem? i have a 2006 V6 SE 6 speed, mine just hit the underbody where it went over the axle in the back, and the passenger side tip touched my bumper, but by not using the front passenger side hanger and "bending" a little bit i have had no problems

·
Registered
130 Posts
OrangeCrush06 said:
mine bolted right up to the cat, maybe they fixed this problem? i have a 2006 V6 SE 6 speed, mine just hit the underbody where it went over the axle in the back, and the passenger side tip touched my bumper, but by not using the front passenger side hanger and "bending" a little bit i have had no problems
Its an overaxle exhaust?

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
^Yes sir.

I didnt have any of the tub rattle people complain about. I also installed mine on a friends lift.

·
Registered
22 Posts
overaxle like dc sports? would this rub on the ground if lowered?

·
Registered
188 Posts
no, parts of my rear bumper sit lower than the entire exhaust and my car is lowered 2 inches, its really a great exhaust, and for the price you cant beat it

1 - 20 of 28 Posts