Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anytime i go over the slightest bump i am getting a rattling/knocking noise from my front drivers side. I am asumming it is suspension related. If i grab ahold of the rim on that side and shake it really hard i can hear a similar noise. Also, if i am sitting still and work the wheel back and forth i can hear a similar noise as if there is play in the steering column when i go from turning one direction to the other (this one may be normal and unrelated though). So based upon what i just said...anyone have any ideas as to what could be causing this?

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
I just started to hear the same noise, and was curious as to what it was! I think it is the upper bearing plate has lost all of its bearings, or there is something wrong with it, but it still turns just fine. I also have a pop when I cut the wheel to the left about half way and then go back the other direction, and I think that is most likely a CV joint! Not trying to hi-jack, just have the same question!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well....hmmm i guess it's good to know that someone else has the same problem. lol...maybe?

Anyone have an answer for us...do you think this would be a problem covered by warranty at all?

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
i think that should be covered by warranty...not 100% sure though

1 - 5 of 5 Posts