Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i have a 06 gt V6.. 1,500 miles.. why is it that when i hit the gas from a dead stop it has like a kick to it then it goes? anyone else have this? mines a auto.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
lol, you car is brand new, take it to the dealer, that's not normal

·
Banned
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
but i was told its fine.. its like when im driving and stop and a stop sign then take off the car hesitates then GOES.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Tiburon628 said:
but i was told its fine.. its like when im driving and stop and a stop sign then take off the car hesitates then GOES.
Probably going to sound like a stupid question and I am in no way being sarcastic but are you possibly asking about the being pulled back into your seat feeling? (Torque) Or does the car "bog" for a few seconds (just sit there) then take off at high speed? You aren't very clear in what you are asking.

I don't know if you are pressing the accelerator slowly, giving it a little bit of gas and it bogs then takes off suddenly, or are you FLOORING IT, then it sort of hesitates and takes off in a mad rush? If you are flooring it you might have wheel spin or something to that effect.

Just give some more details about exactly how you are taking off from a dead stop...

How long is the hesitation, is it ONLY when you are at a dead stop, do you get any hesitation moving through the gears as you accelerate during normal daily driving or racing? How long on average is the hesitation, what gears is it between?

Give as much info as possible.

·
Banned
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BigCarl said:
Probably going to sound like a stupid question and I am in no way being sarcastic but are you possibly asking about the being pulled back into your seat feeling? (Torque) Or does the car "bog" for a few seconds (just sit there) then take off at high speed? You aren't very clear in what you are asking.

I don't know if you are pressing the accelerator slowly, giving it a little bit of gas and it bogs then takes off suddenly, or are you FLOORING IT, then it sort of hesitates and takes off in a mad rush? If you are flooring it you might have wheel spin or something to that effect.

Just give some more details about exactly how you are taking off from a dead stop...

How long is the hesitation, is it ONLY when you are at a dead stop, do you get any hesitation moving through the gears as you accelerate during normal daily driving or racing? How long on average is the hesitation, what gears is it between?

Give as much info as possible.
Ok.... it ONLY happens once in a while.. EX.. when I come to a DEAD stop at a stop sign and then hit the gas to GO the car hesitates for a sec or 2 about 2 second after its in first gear.. almost like its shifting into second a little to slow? I dunno....

·
Registered
735 Posts
Tiburon628 said:
Ok.... it ONLY happens once in a while.. EX.. when I come to a DEAD stop at a stop sign and then hit the gas to GO the car hesitates for a sec or 2 about 2 second after its in first gear.. almost like its shifting into second a little to slow? I dunno....
That is kind of strange. I have an 03 Auto and haven't had any probs like that. I could see if you are racing and the car kinda bogs... Did you buy the car brand new and if so, has this done this since you bought it or has it just started up lately? Might be bad gas... To rule that out, don't fill up till the the tank is almost empty then go to a different supplier and fill up there. Do you have an aftermarkted air filter or stock air filter and are they clean? Been driving a lot of dirt roads? The car might bog due to a dirty air filter, but I am sure it would be more often than just intermittent. Possibly the throttle cable is sticking? Is the pedal tough to push down on the instances that the car bogs like this?

You could also just try resetting the ECU. You could either pull out the ECU fuse, or just unplug the negative terminal on the battery for a minute or two. See how it works after that.

Have you done ANY mods to the car? If so, what are they?

·
Banned
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lol i cant really explain it anymore then i did.... I have a SRI on the car.. im not sure how long its been like this.. its has only 1,600 miles on it.. When im at a dead stop and I hit the gas to go (not floor it) and for about the first few seconds it goes then JUMPS.. its not jumoing in gear.. it kinda feels like its not down shiting fast enough be4 I hit the gas from a stop at a stop sign....

·
Registered
6 Posts
what your feeling is the slip in torque converter your RPM will jump up to your power band and then you take off hard. Now if whan you hit the gas your RPM drops it's a sensor or computer problem with your air fuel delivery, maybe the PCV if the Tib has one. but it sounds like your talking about the slip in your torque converter. My tib (which just for the tranny fixed) doesn't really start moving untll it hits 2500 RPMS, my camaro does the same thing.

·
Banned
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Drago_145 said:
what your feeling is the slip in torque converter your RPM will jump up to your power band and then you take off hard. Now if whan you hit the gas your RPM drops it's a sensor or computer problem with your air fuel delivery, maybe the PCV if the Tib has one. but it sounds like your talking about the slip in your torque converter. My tib (which just for the tranny fixed) doesn't really start moving untll it hits 2500 RPMS, my camaro does the same thing.
yeah that sounds like what the issue is.. i dont know if its a sensor or what but it does it if i dont come to a full stop at a stop sign and i just take off.. its very annoying.. i just wanna know if anyone else has this happen to them and if its normal with the V6....

·
Banned
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok guys i think i know what this issue is.. im pretty sure its tranny related... i know why its happening.. when i slow down to stop at a stop sign and i dont come to a full stop im not giving the tranny enough time to down shift to 1sr gear.. and when i do that is taking off in 3rd gear or second and then it jumps down to first or 2nd from 3rd then thats when the car jerks....

anyone notice this?

·
Banned
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
jord533 said:
put it in shiftronic mode and see what gear it says you're in.
did that.. thats how i found out what the issue was.

i talked to a few other guys who said they have this issue also, one guy explained to me what i was but i didnt understand.

·
Registered
428 Posts
There seems to be a slight hesitation on my auto i4 when I floor it from a dead stop. I figure its just the fuel being dumped in, buts its hardly a second or two.

·
Banned
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Travis7s said:
There seems to be a slight hesitation on my auto i4 when I floor it from a dead stop. I figure its just the fuel being dumped in, buts its hardly a second or two.
nah my car has NO hesitation from a dead stop.. your issue seems to be something else.

·
Banned
1,542 Posts
Tiburon628 said:
.. when i slow down to stop at a stop sign and i dont come to a full stop im not giving the tranny enough time to down shift to 1sr gear.. and when i do that is taking off in 3rd gear or second and then it jumps down to first or 2nd from 3rd then thats when the car jerks....

anyone notice this?
Yes, my auto does that. It is normal. If you don't fully stop the trans does not dowshift into 1st and you take off in 2nd or 3rd gear. When happens then is, you pull away slow so you give more throttle until the point where you cause a kickdown and it accelerates hard.

The answers are:
1. use Shiftronic and manually shift into 1st
2. come to a full, complete stop
3. mash the accelerator to cause a kickdown and then ease up on the throttle

·
Banned
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
NovaResource said:
Yes, my auto does that. It is normal. If you don't fully stop the trans does not dowshift into 1st and you take off in 2nd or 3rd gear. When happens then is, you pull away slow so you give more throttle until the point where you cause a kickdown and it accelerates hard.

The answers are:
1. use Shiftronic and manually shift into 1st
2. come to a full, complete stop
3. mash the accelerator to cause a kickdown and then ease up on the throttle
good deal.. i mean im not happy my car does this but at least i know theres nothing wrong with it.. lol

·
Banned
1,542 Posts
Tiburon628 said:
good deal.. i mean im not happy my car does this but at least i know theres nothing wrong with it.. lol
I agree, I wish it would down shift a little sooner but after 2 and a half years of driving it, I've gotten used to it.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts