Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody knwo the part number for the koyo radiator i have a 2006 v6 6 speed will it work i really want one i just need the part number .

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Really you don't want one of these unless you want the underhood bling. I have one and it's hard to keep your car at operating temperature during the winter. Now also notice I live in Arizona, which has relatively mild winters compared to Canada. For example, it was still 70+ degree here today.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well is it better for performance i mean i travell all highway so i need osmehting alittle cooler and yeah i do want the bling plus it will match up good with my stealth when i get it
do you knwo the part number ??

·
Read Only
0 Posts
well is it better for performance i mean i travell all highway so i need osmehting alittle cooler and yeah i do want the bling plus it will match up good with my stealth when i get it
do you knwo the part number ??
Thats what I am saying, it's not necessarily better for performance. If you're car is not reaching operating temperature, your ECU will mess with the fuel tuning, I believe dumping in a ton more fuel until it warms up. And the fact that you travel more on the freeway will just make it worse. When I am on the freeway, my temp gauge fluctuates betwen 1/4 and 1/2, but usually more towards the 1/4 mark. And thats at about 50-60 degree ambient temperature. Imagine where the temp gauge would be in Canada temps. It would NOT be good.

Really, the only time you should think about upgrading the radiator is if you're car is overheating. The tibs don't have that problem (even in. If I were you, I would leave it stock. Take it from someone who has spent the money to buy one.

But if you still insist on getting one, just look around on ebay, or koyo's website. I think it's listed as a 2002 tiburon, but it fits out car perfect.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts